This creamy vegan queso (dairy free) is dynamite for those late-night queso cravings! This healthy amazing plant-based queso has cashews, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro. This flavorful dip is blended and ready for your tortilla chips in no time!
We’ve alllllll been there: its late, you’re hungry, and you have a bag of plain tortilla chips but want a spicy cheezy dip to satisfy the craving. THIS QUESO RIGHT HERE is you new go to! Its quick to make, you can substitute some basic ingredients you don’t have on hand, and its the perfect consistency to dip your heart out (Don’t have jalapeños, use 1 teaspoon hot sauce! Don’t have lime juice, use lemon, etc.etc).
I was having some wicked queso cravings and came up with this healthy-ish version which is packed with some great flavor and spice. The jalapeño, lime, and cilantro really jazz up the plain cashews and turn them into something magical.
This is great as a dip with plain ol’ tortilla chips or veggie sticks. And if you have any leftovers it can also be used as a sauce for your next Taco Tuesday or fajita night (our favorite is Roasted SheetPan Veggie Fajitas which we have all the time around here).
This is also great to make ahead for parties, brunches, tailgating, BBQs, or perfect to whip up before your next night out!
This dip is healthy, plant based, VEGAN, Paleo, Whole30, Dairy free, gluten free…. So folks, dip away!
As always, if you make this dairy free queso dip be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Healthy Vegan Queso Dip (Vegan, Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews boiled in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup tahini or nutritional yeast omit tahini if paleo or Whole30
- 1 tablespoon lime juice one half lime, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons salsa of choice
- 1 fresh jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, and boil the raw cashews for about 15 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Drain and add cashews to blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until the cashews have completely broken down and the queso has become thick and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary: adding more jalapeños, salsa, lime juice if needed.
- Serve as a dip for tortilla chips, on tacos or burritos, or use as a spicy veggie dip!