These crispy tahini tofu wraps are a fresh, vibrant, and high protein lunch or dinner! Made with delicious crispy baked tofu, fresh chopped vegetables, and creamy hummus. These wraps are vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, and SO delicious!
This post is sponsored by Nasoya – I received a sample of their Organic Super Firm Tofu to make these veggie wraps, and as always, all below thoughts, comments, and descriptions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore 🙂
OK, these tahini tofu wraps are proof that a healthy recipe does NOT have to be boring! I’ve been trying to focus on including more protein and more produce in my diet this year, and this recipe helps me smash my goals. These bright and vibrant wraps are loaded with good-for-you veggies and made with Nasoya Organic Super Firm Tofu which is made with simple and clean ingredients like water, soy beans, and salt.
These Tahini Tofu Wraps Are:
- Loaded with flavor
- Versatile: add in your favorite veggies!
- High in plant-based protein
- Vegan, gluten free, vegetarian
No-Press Tofu for the WIN!
I love cooking with tofu, and the most amazing thing about this organic super firm tofu is that no pressing is required! Since Nasoya’s tofu is pre-pressed and vacuum sealed, you can use it right away: no waiting, draining, balancing a cutting board on top (my MO), or extra dirty dishes. It’s a convenient choice that can easily be prepared and enjoyed.
What’s In This Crispy Tahini Tofu Wraps Recipe?
- Nasoya Organic Super Firm Tofu: This tofu holds up better than any others I’ve tried, and is perfect for baking, air frying, or sauteing. Since it’s extra firm and pre-pressed, it doesn’t fall apart in the pan like other types of tofu can.
- Tahini: A fantastic and flavorful spread made from ground sesame seeds. This tahini is fantastic in any dish, we absolutely love this tahini!
- Actually GOOD Bottled Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great bottled lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This organic lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails – and it tastes fresh, which is great to have around if you don’t use lemon juice everyday but still want to keep some around.
- Corn Starch: the secret to perfectly crispy crunchy tofu, it really makes a difference. I like Anthony’s brand organic corn starch best. I use it weekly to make crispy potatoes and tofu!
- Sunflower Oil: or other high oliec oil of choice – we love baking with this sunflower oil in high heat ovens.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Wraps or Tortillas: I used a spinach wrap, and you can use a gluten free variety if you avoid wheat
- Hummus: you can use homemade or your favorite store-bough variety
- Chopped Vegetables of choice: I used carrots, sprouts, and red cabbage.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
How Do You Cook Tofu, Anyway?
While tofu may seem intimidating to some, it’s actually a convenient and healthy protein option that easily takes on flavor and can be incorporated into a wide variety of simple meals, from sandwiches and salads to stir-frys and noodle dishes. By quickly marinating and seasoning tofu using your favorite sauces or spices, it becomes a flavorful, tasty addition to any meal. I marinated mine in a lemon tahini dressing, which tasted delicious with the hummus and fresh veggies. If you are looking for new ways to prep tofu, Nasoya has a great Tofu Tips page on their site too!
Make This Crispy Tofu Tahini Wrap:
Where Can You Buy Nasoya Organic Super Firm Tofu?
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan High Protein Wraps:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free tahini tofu wraps recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Tahini Tofu Wraps (Vegan, GF)
- 1 16-ounce package Nasoya Organic Super Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 2 wraps or tortillas gluten free
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 cups chopped vegetables of choice I used roasted red pepper, carrots, sprouts, and red cabbage.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut Nasoya super firm tofu into 1/2 inch cubes (no pressing required!), and place them in a bowl with Lemon juice and tahini. Mix and marinate for 10 minutes. Add the corn starch and toss to coat the tofu.
- Add the sunflower oil on top of the parchment paper lined sheet pan, and add tofu in a single layer on the sheet pan. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway during cooking time. Remove from oven and sprinkle a pinch of salt over the tofu.
- Lay out each wrap or tortilla, spread a thin layer of hummus on each. Layer the chopped vegetables over the hummus, and top with baked tahini tofu. Fold, roll the wrap, and enjoy!