This easy bean salad recipe is a bright and fresh side salad with beans that is made with a light vinaigrette. This is a great summer BBQ side dish or popular side dish for potlucks.
Made with canned kidney beans, chickpeas, fresh green beans, and a sweet and tangy dressing.
This vegan Bean Salad with Vinaigrette is my absolute favorite hands-down bean salad! It tastes like a deli bean salad, but simple enough to make at home.
This wonderfully tangy and and sweet bean salad is great for a quick lunch or snack, and goes great with a vegan burger, veggie dog, or anything from the BBQ. And like most marinated salads: the beauty of this is that the longer it sits, the yummier it gets!
This Easy Three Bean Salad with Vinaigrette Is:
- Protein Packed
- Fiber Rich
An Easy Side Dish Everyone Will Love
This vegan bean salad is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is a crowd-pleaser recipe that will be a major hit. These delicious recipes are perfect to treat your guests or when you have a special occasion for dinner.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Entertaining Recipes, that we regularly serve to our friends and family. If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for dinner parties for that next-level gift they will love!
What’s In This 3 Bean Salad with Honey Vinaigrette?
I stock up on pantry staples with Thrive Market – they have a fantastic selection of organic pantry items, natural home & beauty products, and great foods for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can save 30% off your first order, and get a $60 free gift by signing up.
- Green Beans, Parsley, Green Onions, Lemon, Bell Pepper
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: one of my favorite pantry staple ingredients! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- Kidney Beans: Like tomatoes, I only use no salt or low sodium beans in my pantry – using low sodium beans lets you control the amount of salt in your dish for better flavor!
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Whole Grain Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, I love this fancy Whole Grain Mustard. Using a really good mustard makes all the difference, so don’t use the basic yellow stuff for this recipe.
I have made a single batch of this and it doesn’t last long The recipe below makes a huge batch and is great for meal prep. Make once, and enjoy every day of the week.
How do I Make Vegan Bean Salad with Vinaigrette?
For the Salad
Wash the fresh green beans and place them in a medium pot with 3/4 cups of water. Place a lid on the beans and steam them for about 6-8 minutes, until they are a bit softer but still have a bit of crunch to them. Once cooled, cut them into bite sized pieces, I’ve found that 3 to4 pieces per bean is perfect!
In a large mixing bowl (See *TIP below) combine the green beans with the chickpeas and kidney beans, drained and rinsed. Chop the yellow bell pepper into small bite sized pieces, and add. Finely chop the parsley and green onion and add to the bowl as well.
(TIP: Use your biggest mixing bowl. No really, the BIGGEST one you have because there are a lot of things going in here, and it needs to be properly mixed!)
For the Dressing
In a pint sized mason jar: juice the lemons, and combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Shake, shake, shake until the dressing is a smooth consistency and pour over the bean salad. Cover the salad and place in the fridge overnight so the dressing soaks into the beans, and everything is perfect. In the morning, I like to transfer the bean salad in to single-serving sized 8oz or pint sized mason jars I can just throw into my bag and have at work! For larger storage, quart jars will work too!
Make Bean Salad Vegan
This vegan bean salad is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and tasty recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
Get the Same Ingredients for this Vegan Three Bean Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free three bean salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Bean Salad
For the Bean Salad
For the Bean Salad
- Wash the fresh green beans and place them in a medium pot with 3/4 cups of water. Place a lid on the beans and steam them for about 4-6 minutes, until they are a bit softer but still have a bit of crunch to them. Once cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl (use the largest you have) combine the green beans with the chickpeas and kidney beans, drained and rinsed. Chop the bell pepper into small bite sized pieces, and add. Finely chop the parsley and green onion and add to the bowl as well.
For the Dressing
- In a pint sized mason jar: juice the lemons, and combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Shake until the dressing is a smooth consistency and pour over the bean salad.
- Cover the salad and place in the fridge at least 1 hour, serve cold.
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!