This recipe is a flavorful, easy, one-pot miracle! And even better its completely hands off, the rice cooker does all the work for you. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients into the rice cooker, set it while you do something else… and in 30-45 minutes its all ready!
We eat a LOT of rice on our homestead and usually prepare it plain or with a little garlic salt and oil. But when you want really flavorful rice that goes well with a more neutral side dish, this recipe is the perfect choice. I make it with Jasmine white rice usually, but you can use any rice you have on hand.
This is a great side dish for Perfect Crispy Baked Tofu or my Vegan & Gluten Free Potato Coconut Curry. The coconut milk adds to much richness and sweetness, and it really transforms a plain meal into something extra.
Rich & Creamy Coconut Rice (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 2 cups uncooked white rice I use Jasmine rice
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes optional
- Repeatedly rinse rice until the water starts to runs clear.
- Add all ingredients into the rice cooker, and set to High or ‘White Rice’ mode, whichever setting your rice cooker has.
- Once cooked, top rice with coconut flakes, if using.
- Serve with a protein or veggies! There won’t be leftovers 😉 but if there are, store in an airtight container in the fridge.