This No Mayo Tofu Egg Salad sandwich recipe is a delicious and healthy vegan version of traditional egg salad – enjoy it on a sandwich, as a dip for crackers, or add a scoop to your salad for extra protein!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
This tofu egg salad without mayo recipe is a delicious and hearty sandwich which is perfect to pack for lunches during the week! This makes about 4 sandwiches, so its great to make during Sunday Meal Prep and pack lunches during the week.
This No Mayo Tofu Salad has a fantastic crunchy texture from the celery and pickles, but is really creamy from the tahini. The spices, mustard, and fresh dill really kick this sandwich up!
This Tofu Egg Salad without Mayo Is:
- Loaded with Veggies and Spices
- A Great Meal Prep / Make Ahead Lunch
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free!
Make Tofu Egg Salad without Mayo for a Healthy Version
This no mayo tofu egg salad recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In This Mayo Free Tofu Egg Salad?
- Shelf Stable Tofu – I have been LOVING these shelf-stable tofu packs from Amazon. I literally have 3 cases of them in my pantry as we speak. They are an inexpensive and healthy way to get some plant protein in. The texture of this extra firm tofu is perfect for this recipe, no pressing required!
- Tahini: A fantastic and flavorful spread made from ground sesame seeds. This tahini is fantastic in any dish, we absolutely love this tahini!
- Yellow Mustard – while I normally like cooking with whole grain or dijon mustard, sometimes a good classic yellow mustard is exactly what you need! I love that this organic yellow mustard gives this recipe a wonderful tangy flavor.
- Celery, Bell Pepper
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is really great in the salad.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
High Protein Tofu Lunch Recipes for the Win!
Tofu is the perfect filler because it is light and packed with protein which makes this sandwich a great choice for lunch. Add any sandwich fixings you prefer (sprouts, lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, etc), but even plain this Vegan Egg Salad definitely holds it own between the bread.
The best part about this dish is that it is SO QUICK to make – the vegan egg salad can come together in about 10-15 minutes, depending on how much chopping you need to do. My husband was absolutely blown away by this and SWORE it was made with eggs! A traditional take on a super non-traditional sandwich.
Make Ahead Tofu Egg Salad Sandwiches
This tofu egg salad without mayonnaise is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking. I like to prep one (or a few) of these ahead of time, and freeze some for later.
Having ready cooked meals in the fridge or freezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked meals when you don’t have time in the kitchen. Freezing ingredients is also a great way to use up food that may be expiring soon. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some inso to help you prep, keep, heat, and heat!
More Healthy High Protein Vegan Lunches You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this No Mayo Tofu Salad Sandwich Recipe
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free tofu egg salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Tofu Egg Salad (No Mayo)
- Drain and Press the tofu for 15-20 minutes or so until most of the excess water has been removed from the tofu. Alternatively, you can gently squeeze the tofu over the sink (like a sponge) to remove water.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the tofu. Add the celery, bell pepper, pickles, tahini, mustard, onion powder, dill, and ground pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed- if you want salt, now is the time to add (I found it doesn’t need salt and was just as good on its own!)
- Serve on sandwich bread, with crackers, as a crudite dip, or add a scoop to the top of a salad.