Rustic Slow Cooker Applesauce
A quick and easy overnight slow cooker applesauce! Sweet and tangy, this makes a perfect breakfast, side dish, or quick snack.
- 10 Apples peeled or unpeeled (I left the peels on mine)
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar or sweetener or choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch salt
1. Dice the apples into 1 inch cubes and place in the crockpot.
2. Add the apple cider, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt to the crock pot and stir to combine.
3. Cook on low for 6-7 hours until the apples become soft and break apart when you stir them.
4. If leaving the peels on, blend the apple sauce with the immersion blender. If the apples are already peeled, then skip this step.
5. Taste (carefully, it will be hot) and adjust seasonings
Serve warm, and store leftovers in airtight containers for 1 week in the fridge.
Serving: 0gCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg
Tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram so I can feature you!