This vegan mango slaw for tacos is sweet, crunchy, and bright! Also great on nachos, BBQ sandwiches, or just eaten plain.
Summer is in full swing over here on our homestead, and we are using tons of fresh summer produce in all our meals. This sweet mango slaw for tacos is delicious way to use fresh mangoes and vegetables to top those tacos, pulled pork (or jackfruit) sandwiches, or nachos.
This Fresh Mango Slaw Is:
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Great as a side dish or on top of tacos, nachos, bbq sandwiches
What’s In This Mango Slaw?
- Fresh Mango: The ripest sweetest one you can find!
- Coleslaw Mix: I find this in the produce section and it usually contains green cabbage, carrots, and sometimes red cabbage. Use any slaw mix you’d like, they have some fun ones with broccoli an Brussles sprouts nowadays. Yo can also skip the mix and shred your own cabbage instead.
- Vinegar: I use a white balsamic vinegar in this as its my go-to coleslaw ingredient so I always keep some in the pantry, but apple cider vinegar would also be delish
- Vegan Mayo: or regular mayo if you aren’t vegan
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, and fresh black pepper!
View this post on Instagram
How Do I Make This Fresh Mango Slaw?
Add all ingredients into a large bowl, and stir well to combine.
Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving, for the mango and dressing ingredients to mix into the cabbage without allowing the cabbage to wilt.
Other Summer Salads We Love!
As always, if you make this Mango Slaw for Tacos recipe sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Mango Slaw for Tacos
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cubed
- 1 package coleslaw mix from store or 4 cups shredded green cabbage and 1 shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 2 green onions sliced
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and stir until well mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to let flavors combine.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!