This keto turkey chili with zucchini recipe is great for a pot luck or game day meal! Veggies and lean protein simmered in a spicy tomato sauce. This bean free chili is high in protein and low in carbs, making it a great choice for anyone following a ketogenic diet.
I love a big pot of warming chili in these cold New England winter months! I’ve been really trying to watch my portion control lately and that means also watching my carbs. I created this bean-free chili to satisfy my desire for comfort food without bumping up my carb count.
This base of this recipe has lots of fresh veggies, tomatoes, and spices. However the protein is a little different – I used turkey in this instead of classic ground beef.
This recipe makes a lot of chili – about 8 pints worth! I originally planned to just make 5 pints for my weekly work lunches, but doubled the vegetables for a heartier meal. That means that the below recipe is perfect for to cook for a crowd. It would be great for a party, pot luck, or game day.
This Keto Turkey Chili Recipe Is:
- A Great Low Carb Option
- Bean Free!
Easy Keto Dinner Recipes Anytime
If you are on a ketogenic diet or choose to eat low carb, it can be difficult finding delicious meal ideas for dinner… or any time of day! This keto turkey chili recipe is both delicious and low in carbohydrates, making it a great choice for a dinner. End your day with a comforting and satisfying meal that will keep you full – without the carbs.
What’s In This Keto Turkey Chili?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Ground Turkey – which is a great substitute for ground beef, lower in fat!
- Red Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Zucchini and/or Butternut Squash
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans.
- Chili Powder: for a really nice flavor in this recipe- the chili powder isn’t spicy but will give you a rich and bright flavor.
- Cumin: also adds a really nice flavor to this recipe – cumin has a lightly smokey flavor found in a lot of soup and chili recipes.
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my salad dressings, marinades, or soups! Dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the vegetables.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to this dish.
Chili with or without Heat!
I added about 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for some nice spice, but if you want to forgo the heat then you can leave out the chili flakes. This would be fantastic to serve with a dollop of my Paleo Whole30 Queso on top!
How Do I Make Low Carb Turkey Chili?
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the turkey until it is fully cooked and there is no pink left on the meat (meat should reach internal temp of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove meat, drain any grease, and set aside.
- In the pot, heat the olive oil in a pot and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the celery, bell peppers, butternut squash, zucchini and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and remainder of the spices, and add the meat back to the pot. Simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings – adding salt, pepper, or more crushed red pepper flakes if necessary. Serve with cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, or tortilla chips!
More Low Carb and Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Share This Keto Turkey Chili Recipe
As always, if you make this low carb and keto turkey chili recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get free recipe inspiration. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Keto Turkey Chili with Zucchini
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 bell pepper cut into strips
- 4 cups zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 28 ounce can No-Salt-Added Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or more, to taste
- In a large dutch oven, brown the turkey until it is fully cooked and there is no pink left on the meat (meat should reach internal temp of 165 Fahrenheit).
- Remove meat, drain any grease, and set aside.
- In the dutch oven, heat the olive oil in a pot and add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the celery, bell peppers, zucchini and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes remainder of the spices, and the water to the pot. Add the cooked turkey back to the pot. Simmer on low heat for 1 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust seasonings – adding salt, pepper, or more crushed red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with your favorite toppings: cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, or shredded cheese!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!