This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!Jump to Recipe Watch Video Print
Easy garlic hummus recipe with tahini is loaded with garlicky flavor from whole cloves, garlic powder and salt, and fruity olive oil and spices. A healthy plant based vegetarian summer appetizer recipe that is perfect for summer. This no cook chickpea dip recipe is the perfect 10 minute snack.
This triple garlic hummus recipe was definitely inspired by my husband – every time I make hummus he always comments “there’s not enough garlic”… so here is THE hummus recipe for garlic lovers. This recipe has garlic delivered 3 different ways: in raw cloves, in garlic salt, and in garlic powder blended in the hummus. This healthy dip is a great no cook summer dip recipe, perfect for a party appetizer to bring to your next BBQ, potluck, or gathering.
This Garlic Lover’s Hummus Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- High Protein
- A Great No Cook Summer Appetizer
- Ready in 15 Minutes
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and Vegetarian
Side Dishes for Entertaining Under 30 Minutes
This simple garlic hummus is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those last-minute potluck invites, or when you just want a healthy home cooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family.
From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Just as fast as grabbing a quick prepared side dish from the store (and way more impressive too)! If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for summer entertaining for that next-level gift your host will love!
What’s In This Garlic Hummus Recipe with Tahini?
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: the staple of all hummuses! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot. Either way, keep 1 cup of the canning liquid to add back to the hummus to make it extra creamy.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic – I used cloves of raw garlic for this hummus.
- Tahini: A fantastic and flavorful spread made from ground sesame seeds. This tahini is fantastic in any dish, we absolutely love this tahini!
- Actually GOOD Bottled Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great bottled lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This organic lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails – and it tastes fresh, which is great to have around if you don’t use lemon juice everyday but still want to keep some around.
- Garlic Salt: for a little extra flavor than traditional salt. I like to use this garlic salt in my savory Italian dishes for that extra kick.
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Chili flakes for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
A No-Cook Garlic Hummus Recipe That’s Perfect for Summer
This no-cook vegan and gluten free garlic hummus with tahini is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This hummus comes together in about 5-10 minutes, thanks to a food processor. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
How Do I Make This Garlic Hummus with Tahini?
- Add all ingredients except chili flakes and parsley to a food processor.
- Start by pulsing on low speed and work up to a high blend until the hummus is creamy and well combined.
- Transfer the hummus to a dish and sprinkle chili flakes and parsley on top, and an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired. Dip vegetables, pita chips, or crackers into the hummus and enjoy!
Make Ahead Garlic Hummus
This meal prep garlic hummus is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you feel like prepping a snack. I like to prep one (or a few) of these ahead of time, and keep it in the fridge for the week. Having healthy snacks ready-made in the fridge or freezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked dish when you don’t have time in the kitchen. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some inspo to help you prep, keep, heat, and heat!
Other Healthy Recipes With Garlic You’ll Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Gluten Free Garlic Hummus Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free garlic hummus recipe with tahini be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Easy Garlic Hummus
- Blender or Food Processor
- Add all ingredients except chili flakes and parsley to a food processor and blend on high until the hummus is creamy and well combined.
- Transfer the hummus to a dish and sprinkle chili flakes and parsley on top. Dip vegetables, pita chips, or crackers into the hummus and enjoy!
Save Money on Grocery Delivery!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!