Hello homemade pasta sauce with simple pantry ingredients! This pasta sauce with tomato paste is our go-to pasta sauce for lazy weeknight meals.
This sauce is so delicious I won’t ever be buying store bought again. I’m a convert, and this sauce is taking our pasta night to a new level.
This Homemade Pasta Sauce with Tomato Paste is:
- Packed with tomato flavor: the tomato paste is really the secret to having bright incredible flavors in your sauce.
- Herby: delicious oregano, basil, and rosemary come together for bold Italian flavors in your sauce
- Garlicky: add raw garlic, minced or pressed
- Made with good for you ingredients: tomato paste, olive oil, herbs, garlic!
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients: that you probably already have in your cupboards.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Pasta Sauce Recipes
This pasta sauce with tomato paste recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and tasty meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Tomato Paste Pasta Sauce?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Tomato Paste: thickens the sauce with a deep bold tomato flavor. I only use a no salt added tomato paste, so you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my tomato sauces! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with any toppings you load on.
- Dried Rosemary: Which I find has a more subtle flavor than the fresh rosemary. I crushed mine in a mortar and pestle, but you can use the larger dried leaves of rosemary if you’d like.
- Sweetener of Choice (optional! but I use this Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry)
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
A No-Cook Pasta Sauce Recipe That’s Perfect for Summer
This no-cook pasta sauce is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This sauce comes together in about 5 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make.
Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a quick meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
How To Make Pasta Sauce with Tomato Paste
This is the best part: No cooking required!
What Should I Serve with Homemade Pasta Sauce?
Share This Tomato Paste Pasta Sauce Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free pasta sauce with tomato paste recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Pasta Sauce with Tomato Paste
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together well to combine. Allow the pasta sauce to sit for at least 2 hours on the counter before using, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Heat sauce before serving, and toss with hot freshly cooked pasta. Enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!