This vegan potato corn chowder recipe packs a lot of flavor while remaining light and healthy! It features tons of fresh produce: Carrots, Peppers, Corn, Potatoes, Celery, Onions, and Spices simmered in a creamy broth. Perfect for meal prep, batch cooking, and making ahead!
This simple summer soup is perfect for sweet corn season! It’s a salute to summer vegetables. Serve with vegan garlic knots and a big tomato and cucumber salad for a healthful and delicious meal.
This vegan potato corn chowder is unbelievably healthy and flavorful – its packed with tons of fresh produce! Summer is swinging in New England right now, and this was a great soup to make to feature all the amazing produce available. Fresh corn, bell peppers, carrots, onions, and potatoes are all abundant at local markets and roadside stands.
OK this is one meal-prep friendly soup. The recipe below makes about 6 quarts, which is great for us on the homestead. I can prep it for our work lunches for the week and freeze the extras. My kind of recipe!
This Vegan Potato Corn Chowder Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Summer Vegetables
- Plant-Based, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Recipes with Fresh or Frozen Corn
Getting really good corn in season is the key, so this is a great late summer recipe. It gives the soup a wonderful sweetness which pairs well with the creamy texture and the spice.
If it’s not fresh corn season, use frozen sweet corn instead. The creamed corn at the end is a little secret that gives this soup a light creaminess – but is still plant based. You can browse through all my recipes with corn here!
What’s In This Vegan Corn Chowder with Potatoes?
- Corn, Potatoes, Onions, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Carrots, Jalapeno Peppers – I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s inexpensive & I like to keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value.
- Cumin: also adds a really nice flavor to this recipe – cumin has a lightly smokey flavor found in a lot of soup and chili recipes
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, which I’d definitely recommend over lite coconut milk. The flavor makes this dish super rich and creamy without any dairy.
- Low Sodium Vegetable Stock – I like to use this low sodium vegetable stock for my recipes because it has great flavor… without all the salt. I always use low sodium or no-salt-added broth or stock to start, and then I can add salt or other spices later if needed.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: It’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and will add way more flavor to your recipes.
Make Potato Corn Chowder Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan potato corn chowder recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
More Summer Corn and Potato Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for your Vegan Corn and Potato Chowder
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free corn potato chowder recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Potato Corn Chowder Recipe
- Large Soup Pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 bell pepper I used 1 red and 1 green
- 3 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 cups sweet corn can use frozen or fresh
- 8 potatoes can use red or yellow
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 6 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup plain unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 14 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- To a large soup pot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté for a 5-6 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the celery, bell pepper, jalapeños, carrots, corn, potatoes, cumin, coriander, and vegetable stock to the Instant Pot. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, creamed corn, cilantro, and green onions to the soup and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt, pepper, or chili spice as needed.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice, extra cilantro, and green onions.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!