This smashed egg avocado breakfast sandwich is the perfect weekend brunch, topped with bright citrusy avocado lime salad! A heathy crowd pleaser brunch or light meal that is simple and ready in about 10 minutes. A fantastic way to enjoy fresh avocado with a little vegetarian protein and loads of flavor!
This Smashed Avocado Egg Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free, and So Yummy
- Ready in About 15 Minutes
What’s In This Smashed Egg Avocado Breakfast Sandwich Recipe?
- Avocado: I love this fruit, avocados are one of my favorite foods of all time. I used to love getting loads of fresh ripe avocados from my friend’s trees when I lived in California. Now that I’m on the East Coast, my love of avos is still strong, but I get them at Whole Foods instead of freshly picked 😉
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed! If you don’t have fresh limes, this instant lime is actually really great in a pinch, I always keep some in the pantry.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For thequality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Chili Powder: for a really nice flavor in this salad – the chili powder isn’t spicy but will give you a rich and bright flavor.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to usea pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get withreally good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper isthe same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I usethese really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Bread, use gluten free for a non-wheat version
- Eggs – or use tofu for a vegan version
Easy Avocado Egg Breakfast or Brunch Sandwich
Thisavocado brunch sandwich recipe is what I call an Easy Weekend Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a diner!
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
How Do I Make This Marinated Avocado Recipe?
Mix ingredients for avocado lime salad in a bowl, and toss well to combine.
Toast the bread, set aside.
Heat a small pan over low heat. Add the sunflower oil and crack the eggs on top. Allow the eggs to cook sunny side up for 4 to 5 minutes I til the clear yolk has turned white. Carefully flip and allow eggs to cook for 1 minute more.
Add the egg to the top of the toast. Smash with a fork to press the egg white and yolk into the toast.
Top with sprouts, then add a large spoonful of avocado lime salad. Add additional salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Other Healthy Avocado Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use In My Raw Vegan Avocado Lime Salad Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegetarian and gluten free smashed avocado and egg sandwich be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Smashed Avocado and Egg Sandwich (GF)
For the Sandwich
- Mix ingredients for avocado lime salad in a bowl, and toss well to combine.
- Toast the bread, set aside.
- Heat a small pan over low heat. Add the sunflower oil and crack the eggs on top. Allow the eggs to cook sunny side up for 4 to 5 minutes I til the clear yolk has turned white. Carefully flip and allow eggs to cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the egg to the top of the toast. Smash with a fork to press the egg white and yolk into the toast.
- Top with sprouts, then add a large spoonful of avocado lime salad. Add additional salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!