This vegan slow cooker ratatouille is full of healthy onions, eggplant, squash, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. This easy low calorie dinner is made in the slow cooker and perfect for meal prep!
This Vegan Slow Cooker Ratatouille Is:
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 approved
- Versatile and packed with flavor!
I love a good summer stew, and this ratatouille is the perfect light dinner on a summer night. When our garden is in full swing in the summer (and we have more produce than we know what to do with) this is the perfect easy weekend meal to make! Toss everything in the slow cooker, and set it simmer away for hours while we enjoy the long summer days.
Slow cooker meals are great for Sundays – I can have dinner ready without doing any work during the day. Just chop the veggies in the morning, turn the slow cooker to high, and it’ll be ready by dinner time! A fast, healthy meal with little to no hands-on cooking time is a winner!
Not only is this recipe vegan, its gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant. Serve over cauliflower rice, gluten-free pasta, or just eat by itself in a bowl!
As always, if you make this vegan slow cooker ratatouille be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Instant Pot Summer Ratatouille (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
- Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 large eggplant diced into inch cubes
- 2 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- 12 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- In the instant pot layer the onion, eggplant, zucchini, tomato paste, bell peppers, carrots, tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add the vegetable stock, and stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook or Manual mode - and cook on high for 8 minutes. Allw to natural release.
- Carefully open the lid, and stir. In a blender, ladle about 2 cups of the ratatouille and drizzle in the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until smooth, and add the mixture back to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add any Salt or Pepper as desired.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or quinoa - drizzle olive oil and fresh basil over the stew before serving!