This pasta ratatouille recipe is full of healthy onions, eggplant, squash, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. This easy low calorie dinner is made in the slow cooker and perfect for meal prep!
I love a good summer stew, and this ratatouille is the perfect light dinner on a summer night. When our garden is in full swing in the summer (and we have more produce than we know what to do with) this is the perfect easy weekend meal to make!
Toss everything in the slow cooker, and set it simmer away for hours while we enjoy the long summer days.
This Pasta Ratatouille Recipe Is:
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole30 approved
- Versatile and packed with flavor!
Ratatouille with Pasta in the Pressure Cooker or Stove Top
Pressure cooker meals are great for Sundays – I can have dinner ready without doing any work during the day. Just chop the veggies in the morning, turn the slow cooker to high, and it’ll be ready by dinner time! A fast, healthy meal with little to no hands-on cooking time is a winner!
Not only is this recipe vegan, its gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant. Serve over cauliflower rice, gluten-free pasta, or just eat by itself in a bowl!
What’s In This Pasta Ratatouille Recipe?
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Broad Pasta – I like using a broad pasta for this, but you can use any favorite shape you have on hand!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Bell Pepper
- Tomato Paste: thickens the sauce with a deep bold tomato flavor. I only use a no salt added tomato paste, so you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Low Sodium Vegetable Stock – I like to use this low sodium vegetable stock for my recipes because it has great flavor… without all the salt. I always use low sodium or no-salt-added broth or stock to start, and then I can add salt or other spices later if needed.
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my stews, tacos, or fajitas! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the vegetables.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! I like to add a few shakes to this recipe to give this dish a nice complex depth of flavor.
Frozen Vegetable Sauce Recipes For the Win!
I used a few frozen veggies for this ratatouille pasta sauce recipe instead of fresh produce. Frozen produce is a great option for finding fresh and flavorful vegetables in the off season. By using freezer ingredients, I can stock up when they are on sale, and use them in all kinds of great dishes. It saves me a trip to the store, and I can add amazing veggies right into the recipe.
Frozen vegetables are often picked at peak ripeness, so they are a much better option than canned. Check out all my recipes that use Freezer Ingredients on The Herbeevore – great for those nights when you want dinner ready fast! And check out my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples for long-lasting staples that I always keep on hand.
Get the Same Ingredients for this Ratatouille Pasta Sauce Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free pasta ratatouille recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
- 2 sweet onion chopped
- 1 large eggplant diced into inch cubes
- 2 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 4 tablespoons No-Salt-Added Tomato Paste
- 2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 6 fresh tomatoes diced
- 12 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- In the instant pot layer the onion, eggplant, zucchini, tomato paste, bell peppers, carrots, tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add the vegetable stock, and stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook or Manual mode - and cook on high for 8 minutes. Allw to natural release.
- Carefully open the lid, and stir. In a blender, ladle about 2 cups of the ratatouille and drizzle in the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until smooth, and add the mixture back to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add any Salt or Pepper as desired.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or quinoa - drizzle olive oil and fresh basil over the stew before serving!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!