This Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate Is:
- High in Antioxidants (thanks to the cacao powder)
- A great late night treat
- Vegan, dairy free, nut free and SO good
Make Perfect Oat Milk Every Time
My secret to rich and creamy oat milk every time is using my Nutr machine. This machine can make single-servings of oat milk, nut milks, and coconut milk with just a few ingredients. It’s the perfect little appliance for a morning latte, salted hot chocolate, or quick almond milk for a recipe. I’ve made oat milk in my blender, using a normal nut milk bag, and let me tell you, the consistency of my Nutr machine is perfect every time.
What’s In This Dairy Free Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate Recipe?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Quick Oats: I used quick oats for this recipe. I found that quick oats like these work much better than traditional old fashioned or rolled oats, as they break down better in this recipe and don’t get slimy/gummy like other homemade oat milks can get.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry.
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this drink an #extra boost.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Cacao Recipes
This vegan salted hot chocolate recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple drink! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the coffee shop!
How Do I Make This Dairy Free Salted Hot Chocolate with Oat Milk?
- Add all ingredients to a blender (I used my Nutr Nut Milk Machine) and blend from high to low speed for 2 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer or a nut milk bag, and transfer mixture to a pan and heat until warm and frothy. Enjoy!
Easy Late Night Treats in No Time
This salted hot cacao is what I call an Easy Weeknight Treat – which is on your table in less than 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy snack will be ready in no time.
More Recipes with Oat Milk You’ll Love!
Oat Milk Bubble Tea Recipe (Vegan)
Oat Milk Rice Pudding Recipe (Vegan)
Chai Oat Milk Latte Recipe (Vegan)
Oat Milk Mac and Cheese Recipe (Vegetarian)
Oat Milk Alfredo Sauce Recipe (Vegan)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan Hot Chocolate with Oat Milk:
As always, if you make this vegan and dairy free salted hot chocolate with oat milk recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- Nutr Nut Milk Machine or Blender
- 2 cups oat milk unsweetened
- 1.5 tablespoons agave nectar or other natural sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 12 ounces water
- Add all ingredients to a small pot, and heat over low until just bubbling.
- Pour the oat milk hot chocolate into your favorite mug, and enjoy.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:Low Sugar Apple Pie Filling Recipe (Gluten Free)
Pingback:Rice Cooker Oatmeal Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
Pingback:Oat Milk Mac and Cheese Recipe (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
Pingback:Berry Compote for Pancakes, Waffles, & French Toast (Vegan, Gluten Free)