This Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate Is:
- High in Antioxidants (thanks to the cacao powder)
- A great late night treat
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and SO good
Make Perfect Oat Milk Every Time
My secret to rich and creamy oat milk every time is using my Nutr machine. This machine can make single-servings of oat milk, nut milks, and coconut milk with just a few ingredients. It’s the perfect little appliance for a morning latte, salted hot chocolate, or quick almond milk for a recipe. I’ve made oat milk in my blender, using a normal nut milk bag, and let me tell you, the consistency of my Nutr machine is perfect every time.
What’s In This Dairy Free Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate Recipe?
- Quick Oats: I used quick oats for this recipe. I found that quick oats like these work much better than traditional old fashioned or rolled oats, as they break down better in this recipe and don’t get slimy/gummy like other homemade oat milks can get.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry.
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this drink an #extra boost.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Cacao Recipes
This vegan salted hot chocolate recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple drink! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the coffee shop!
How Do I Make This Dairy Free Salted Hot Chocolate with Oat Milk?
- Add all ingredients to a blender (I used my Nutr Nut Milk Machine) and blend from high to low speed for 2 minutes.
- Strain and transfer mixture to a pan and heat until warm and frothy. Enjoy!
Easy Late Night Treats in No Time
This salted hot cacao is what I call an Easy Weeknight Treat – which is on your table in less than 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy snack will be ready in no time.
Other Recipes with Oat Milk You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan Salted Hot Chocolate with Oat Milk:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free salted hot chocolate with oat milk recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Salted Oat Milk Hot Chocolate (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Nutr Nut Milk Machine or Blender
- Add all ingredients to a blender (I used my Nutr Nut Milk Machine) and blend from high to low speed for 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a pan and heat until warm and frothy. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!