Brighten up your next Taco Tuesday with this Honey Lime Cilantro Dressing recipe! If you are looking for an easy way to add some flavor to those boring tacos or burritos, look no further. This sauce packs some serious flavor that will leave you wanting to fiesta forever.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
This Honey Lime Cilantro Dressing Recipe Is:
- A little spicy
- Vegetarian, Gluten free, Low Sodium
- Great on anything: rice & beans, enchiladas, tamales, queso, you name it!
And I love how vibrant the sauce is – in color and in flavor! The sharpness from the lime juice and vinegar is wonderful with the silky texture from the olive oil. And the sweetness from the raw honey is absolutely perfect.
What’s In This Honey Lime Cilantro Sauce Recipe?
- Raw Honey: straight from the beehives! As a beekeeper, I have plenty of raw honey on hand. I’d recommend getting beeswax from a local beekeeper, apiary, or farmer’s market.
- Fresh Cilantro: for an amazingly fresh flavor and texture
- Lime Juice: fresh squeezed! If you don’t have fresh limes, this instant lime is actually really great in a pinch, I always keep some in the pantry.
- Garlic: whole cloves of garlic are blended in this sauce for maximum flavor! If you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, this jarred organic garlic is really great to keep in the pantry. I like the convenience of pre-minced garlic to use in recipes and sauces.
- White Vinegar: for a little extra kick
- Oregano: for an earthy flavor, I love this organic dried oregano!
- Red Chili Flakes: for heat, but totally optional if you don’t like spicy sauce
Because of the versatile flavors, you can serve this sauce on anything! It’s fantastic as a honey cilantro lime dressing too. The cilantro lime flavor pairs well with any Southwest or Mexican dish! It’s also amazing on top of roasted potatoes, on grilled vegetables, or baked/roasted protein.
The Best Blender for Dressing
I’ve owned a lot of blenders, but my Vitamix is definitely the best one I’ve owned. This high-speed blender will blend even the toughest of ingredients into pulp. I prefer using my blender to my food processor for sauces like this or homemade hummus, as it’s much easier to clean the Vitamix. This is definitely one kitchen appliance we use on a daily basis!
How Do I Make This Honey Lime Cilantro Sauce?
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and mix on high for 1 minute, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Spoon directly onto tacos, potatoes, roasted vegetables, or any other vehicle you can think of to get this amazing sauce into your mouth.
Transfer any leftover sauce to an airtight container and use within 2 days.
Make Cilantro Lime Dressing Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free cilantro lime dressing recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
A Few Notes About Raw Honey
Raw honey is just honey that has not been pasteurized! We take our honey straight from the hive, and don’t process or subject it to high heat. Pasteurizing can kill bad (and beneficial) macrobiotics in the honey. You can use normal store-bought honey for this recipe… it doesn’t have to be raw. That is just the way we like to keep our honey. Babies under the age of 1 should not be given honey, and pregnant women should avoid unpasteurized foods. Eat responsibly!
The best place to find raw honey is straight from your local beekeeper! Check out a farmer’s market or farm stand near you – or reach out to your county or state beekeeping association to connect with beekeeper’s near by. Support local bees, local keepers, and enjoy the sweet benefits.
Other Healthy Flavorful Cilantro Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used for my Paleo Cilantro Lime Sauce with Honey:
As always, if you make this honey cilantro lime sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Honey Lime Cilantro Dressing
- Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic cloves, and parsley. Add to a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients: Olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, raw honey, oregano, red pepper flakes.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute until a thick sauce forms. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if the sauce is too thick or if the blender seizes up.
- Once blended, top sauce on tacos, burritos, rice, etc.