This Pineapple Banana Smoothie is a healthy & fresh breakfast drink – dairy free & high protein! Rise & shine with a big glass of tropical fruit, orange juice, and a few added ingredients to make this a filling breakfast or snack.
This smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen fruit, and is great if you have ripe bananas you need to use. Pour yourself a tall glass of this beautiful smoothie, and take a moment to unwind.
Smoothies are all-year affairs on our homestead, and this pineapple banana smoothie is a classic we make again & again! I love a cold fruit smoothie in the summer to cool down – and especially in the winter as the tropical fruits make me feel like I’m on vacation.
I added some vanilla protein powder to make this a heartier smoothie as well. This smoothie is giving all the tropical vibes, and is loaded with good-for-you fruits, is high in fiber, and loaded with plant-based protein.
This Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe Is:
- A Great No-Cook Breakfast or Snack
- High in Protein & Fiber
- Vegan, Dairy Free, & Made without Milk or Yogurt
Make Banana Pineapple Smoothies Dairy Free for a Healthier Version
This dairy free Banana Pineapple Smoothie is a fantastic take on the classic without all the dairy. I’m all about making recipes plant-based and dairy free when I can. Dairy-free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. You can achieve total richness and creaminess with some simple swaps.
By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In a Pineapple Smoothie with Banana?
- Pineapple – fresh or frozen
- Regular Water, or Coconut Water – full of electrolytes and an amazing taste!
- Orange Juice
- Unsweetened Coconut – I use unsweetened coconut in my recipes to control the amount of sugar that goes in. You can always add more sweetness, but it’s hard to take out – start off with simple unsweetened coconut and add more sweetness later if you need to.
- Banana: add 1 banana or some of this great banana powder. We add a bit of this banana powder to smoothies, oatmeal, or baked goods –it’s great for a little extra sweetness without using granulated sugar.
- Ground Flaxseeds: I always add a scoop in my oatmeal for a little extra nutritional punch! This flaxseed meal has a wonderful nutty flavor too. Flaxseeds have a ton of amazing health benefits, so add a scoop to breakfasts, lunches, or smoothies!
- Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder – of all the protein powders in the world, this vanilla protein powder is one my absolute favorite! It’s simple, has just 4 ingredients, and tastes amazing with fruit smoothies. It’s not chalky and contains tons of plant protein to keep you going throughout the day!
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
How Do I Make A Banana Smoothie with Pineapple?
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Starting on low speed and working up to high, blend for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth consistency.
Pour into your favorite glass or mason jar and enjoy!
Frozen Fruit Smoothie Recipes For the Win!
If you don’t have fresh fruit for this recipe – frozen works great! This is a fantastic way to transform fruit into a bright and healthy breakfast the whole family can enjoy. By using freezer ingredients, I can stock up when they are on sale, and use them in all kinds of great dishes. It saves me a trip to the store, and I can have amazing smoothies in no time. Check out all my recipes that use Freezer Ingredients on The Herbeevore – great for those nights when you want dinner ready fast! And check out my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples for long-lasting staples that I always keep on hand.
More Healthy Tropical Smoothies You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Tropical Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free banana pineapple smoothie recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Starting on low speed and working up to high, blend for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour into your favorite glass or mason jar and enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Fruits & VeggiesI get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!