This one pot Chickpea Rice soup recipe is a healthy mix of plant-based pantry staples, fresh veggies, and a light flavorful lemony broth! Makes a great lunch or light dinner.
The fresh parsley and lemon juice take this soup to the next level. A big bowl of feel-good (and good for you) ingredients. Serve with a thick slice of crusty bread, a side salad, and you have a complete meal in no time.
This One Pot Chickpea and Rice Soup Is
- Loaded with Flavor
- Simple to Make
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and Made with One Pot!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Dinner Recipes
This chickpea and rice soup recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry, cupboards or refrigerator. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
One Pot Healthy Meals for the Whole Family
This lemon chickpea rice soup recipe is the perfect one-pot lunch or dinner! I love a good One Pot Meal, especially during these summer months when I don’t want a lot of burners going at once. Cooking everything in one pot is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! And one pot makes cleaning up a breeze.
The stove does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. One Pot meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy one pot meals that are ready in no time!
What’s In This Vegan Chickpea and Rice Soup?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Chickpeas: you can use either canned, or dried beans that you cook from scratch. If I use canned beans, I only use a no sodium added kind, like these here. That way, I can control the amount of sodium in the soup and make it as healthy as possible for my fam.
- Rice: I used a basmati rice for this, but you can use any variety you have on hand. Basmati rice is a long grain rice, and is our favorite – I get this brand here! We eat it in soups, stews, and curries.
- Olive oil
- Low Sodium Vegetable Stock – I like to use this low sodium vegetable stock for my recipes because it has great flavor… without all the salt. I always use low sodium or no-salt-added broth or stock to start, and then I can add salt or other spices later if needed. Check out more low sodium recipes here!
- Spices: thyme, garlic salt (Badia brand is the one I use), and parsley
- Lemon juice: freshly squeezed!
One Pot Soup Recipes For the Win!
This vegan chickpea and rice soup is the perfect one-pot lunch or dinner! I love a good One Pot Meal, especially during these fall months when the weather starts to turn cooler. Cooking everything in one pot is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked at once, which makes cleaning up a breeze.
And the stove does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. One Pot meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out more healthy one pot meals that are ready in no time!
How Do I Make This One Pot Chickpea Rice Soup?
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 or 6 minutes until the veggies become translucent.
- Add the carrots and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes more.
- Add the chickpeas, rice Vegetable stock, thyme, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Add the fresh parsley and lemon juice, enjoy!
Meal Prep Recipes For the Win!
This pantry staple bean and rice soup is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion.
Other Healthy Pantry Staple Soups You’ll Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Pantry Staple Ingredients You’ll Need for this Chickpea Rice Soup
As always, if you make this one pot pantry staple chickpea rice soup recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Chickpea Rice Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 or 6 minutes until the veggies become translucent.
- Add the carrots and garlic and saute for 3 minutes more. Add the chickpeas, rice Vegetable stock, thyme, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 40 minutes until rice is fully cooked.
- Add the fresh parsley and lemon juice, enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!