This keto Chinese chicken salad recipe has fantastic flavors from sesame oil, rice vinegar, and tamari. Great as a lunch, easy dinner, or dip for crackers – or on top of a large bed of leaf lettuce.
This a simple recipe to make if you have leftover rotisserie or cooked chicken. Make this salad once and meal prep for a week of easy healthy lunches!
I love a good easy, make ahead, meal prep recipe! This Meal Prep Keto Chinese Chicken Salad packs a lot of flavors without a lot of carbs. There are tons of fresh vegetables like red cabbage, carrots, green onions, and fresh greens.
For the greens you can use any kind, but I made my salad with spinach or watercress. I love pretty much all lettuce, but I find watercress is especially delicious. I love how flavorful each bite of this salad is too – the dressing takes about 5 minutes, but completely makes this salad!
This Keto Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe Is:
- High in Protein
- Easy to Make
- Paleo, Whole30, and Gluten Free
- Low in Carbohydrates
Low Carb Chicken Salad that’s Asian-Inspired
This delicious and satisfying chicken salad recipe is great for those who are watching their carb intake. You can still have a healthy and filling lunch without the added starches. I love that the dressing is so flavorful, too – and loaded with traditional Asian ingredients like rice vinegar and sesame oil. You can see all my low carb & keto recipes here!
What’s In This Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe?
- Green Onions, Cabbage, Carrots, Ginger – I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Cooked chicken – you can use rotisserie chicken, or chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Peanut Oil – I find that peanut oil gives this dish the best flavor! It’s a light oil with just a hint of nuttiness.
- Rice vinegar: I love this sweet & tangy rice vinegar, I always keep this seasoned vinegar stocked in my pantry for dressings and salads.
- Tamari: tamari is a gluten-free version of soy sauce. Tamari has a bright salty flavor, and adds a really nice depth of umami to this dish.
- Light Sesame Oil: The sesame oil gives the perfect sweet flavor to the sauce of this dish. Light sesame oil is traditional in a lot of Asian dishes, and will give your salad the perfect flavor.
- Low Carb Sweetener of Choice – I used monk fruit which has no carbs or calories.
Easy Weeknight Chicken Salad Prep
This keto Chinese chicken salad recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
How Do I Make This Low Carb Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe?
In a large bowl, add the cooked chicken, carrots, red cabbage, and green onions. Set Aside.
In a pint mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients together and shake for 2 minutes.
Pour dressing over the chicken salad, and stir until well combined.
To serve, add fresh lettuce/greens to a plate or bowl, top with a scoop of the chicken salad, and enjoy!
More Keto and Low Carb Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Keto Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this keto and gluten free Chinese chicken salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
For the Salad
- In a large bowl, add the cooked chicken, carrots, red cabbage, and green onions. Set Aside.
- In a pint mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients together and shake for 2 minutes.
- Pour dressing over the chicken salad, and stir until well combined.
- To serve, add fresh lettuce/greens to a plate or bowl, top with a scoop of the chicken salad, and enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!