Decadent and chocolatey, these pumpkin brownies with cocoa powder are delicious and naturally sweet! Made with simple pantry ingredients, this all-natural treat will satisfy your sweet tooth.
These brownies with pumpkin are a great fall or winter dessert.
These Pumpkin Cocoa Brownies Are:
- Loaded with hidden veggies
- Vegan, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Brownie Recipes
This pumpkin brownies recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple treat! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the bakery!
What’s In Vegan Pumpkin Brownie Recipe?
- Cooked Pumpkin: You can use leftover cooked pumpkin, or canned pumpkin, which I used. I stock up on this canned pumpkin (its a big can!) or you can get smaller cans as well. Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix or else it will be too sweet.
- Almond butter: or peanut butter if you prefer! Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter.
- Coconut Flour: I really like this coconut flour which is a nice consistency and texture. A little goes a long way with coconut flour, and I find that this bag lasts a while in my pantry (a great value!)
- Raw Cocoa Powder: this raw unsweetened cocoa powder is a great in these brownies.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: for that baked goods taste and flavor. Like the cacao powder and maple syrup, please use real pure vanilla extract for your baking… a better quality ingredient will yield the best possible brownies (and is much better for you!)
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
Easy Fall Dessert Recipes
This fall pumpkin brownies recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Treat – which is on your table in about 5 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a homecooked snack but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a quick meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering delivery!
How Do I Make These Pumpkin Brownies with Cocoa Powder?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, nut butter, coconut flour, cacao powder, Maple syrup, vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of walnuts, and mix well, batter should be very thick.
- Spoon batter into baking dish and spread the batter out to the corners with a spoon.
- Top batter with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, and allow to cool before eating. Enjoy!
More Easy Treat Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Cocoa Pumpkin Brownies Recipe:
If you make this easy pumpkin cacao brownies recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Pumpkin Brownies with Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×5 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the pumpkin with the nut butter, coconut flour, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Stir well until a thick dough forms (thin with a little water if needed), and add to the baking dish. Top brownies with extra walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!
A Note on Natural SweetenersMy favorite natural sweeteners are agave nectar, maple syrup, and honey. Any of these can be used for these delicious pumpkin brownies.
Save on Fresh Groceries & Pantry StaplesI love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market. They sell fresh produce, pantry staples, and fantastic groceries (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, enjoy delivery right to your door, & $10 off your first box by clicking here. Getting groceries online has turned out to be a huge time and money saver for us. If you haven’t tried a produce box yet, I highly recommend trying one out!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!