This cilantro chimichurri recipe is a quick herby sauce to make in a blender! With fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, oregano, olive oil & vinegar, this sauce packs serious flavor into anything that needs it!
Chimichurri is a classic Argentinian sauce that goes great on anything grilled: meats, vegetables, or potatoes. This sauce has a deliciously bold flavor, and is such a great addition to your next grilling night or BBQ.
I love fresh cilantro and parsley, I could eat bunches and bunches of them (as I do often in my Easy Quinoa Tabbouli recipe!). This parsley and cilantro chimichurri sauce is our new go-to condiment.
And I love how vibrant the sauce is – in color and in flavor! The sharpness from the vinegar is wonderful with the silky texture from the olive oil. And the flavors of the parsley and cilantro can wake up any dull food that needs a bit of extra flavor.
This Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe Is:
- Extra bold
- Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free!
What Do I Eat Chimichurri With?
Answer: pretty much anything! Because of the versatile flavors, its amazing on top of roasted potatoes, on grilled vegetables, or meats, steaks, or even eggs! I can’t wait to eat this sauce all summer and come up with some pretty awesome new recipes featuring this amazing, quick, and healthy chimichurri sauce!
What’s In Chimichurri with Cilantro?
Cilantro, Parsley, Garlic – I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Red Wine Vinegar: I used red wine vinegar for the marinade to give this dish a really nice bright Mediterranean flavor – for that, this red wine vinegar is my go-to!
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my chili, tacos, or fajitas! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the roasted vegetables.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! I like to add a few shakes to this recipe to give this dish a nice complex depth of flavor.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
The Best Blender for Sauces
I’ve owned a lot of blenders, but my Vitamix is definitely the best one I’ve owned. This high-speed blender will blend even the toughest of ingredients into pulp. I prefer using my blender for recipes like this, as it’s much easier to clean the Vitamix. This is definitely one kitchen appliance we use on a daily basis!
Make Chimichurri Gluten Free for a Healthy Version
This gluten free cilantro chimichurri recipe is a simple meal to make without the wheat. I’m all about making recipes gluten free when I can. Gluten free cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around gluten free pantry staples and swapping in a few wheat-less ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite gluten free pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my gluten free recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
More Cilantro Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free chimichurri sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe
- Vitamix or High Speed Blender
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on high for 1 minute, until the sauce is smooth and creamy. If blender seizes up, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the blender begins mixing.
- Spoon directly onto potatoes, roasted vegetables, or hot-off-the-grill meats.
- Transfer any leftover chimichurri to an airtight container and use within 2 days.
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!