This hearty and filling soup is perfect for lunch or dinner – and is completely vegan! Loaded with fresh vegetables like potatoes, carrots, onions, and spices, this soup is great for a plant-based meal for any season.
I love a good creamy rice soup – and this recipe is another one to add to my repertoire! And the best part about it? Its totally plant-based, healthy, and guilt-free.
This soup will definitely keep you full for hours. With a base of potatoes, wild rice, fresh vegetables, and mushrooms the texture is thick and creamy while being completely vegan.
I made this over the stove top, but since I just got an Instant Pot, this recipe could also work really well in a pressure cooker (or slow cooker!) too.
I made a big pot of this for Sunday Meal Prep (my favorite cooking day of the week!) and it got rave reviews from the hubby who had it for lunch each day of the week. We will definitely be putting this into the lunch rotation for sure.
As always, if you make this creamy vegan mushroom rice soup be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 lbs mushrooms sliced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3 medium potatoes diced
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup wild rice or wild rice blend
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup cashew cream 3/4 cups cashews soaked in hot water and blended
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the butter or olive oil over low heat. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 7-8 minutes until the onions begin to soften. Add the thyme and the mushrooms, and sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and vegetable stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the wild rice and stir well. Cook for about 45 minutes until the rice is cooked through.
- Add the parsley, spinach, and cashew cream to the pot. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve with a slice of crunch bread and enjoy!