This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!Jump to Recipe Watch Video Print
This Dark Chocolate Hummus Recipe Is:
- A Healthy Snack
- High Protein
- Loaded with Chocolate Flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and SO Good!
A No Cook Dessert with Beans Recipe
This no-cook dark chocolate hummus dip is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook dessert for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for warm fall when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This dessert comes together in about 5 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy treat ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
What’s In This Chocolate Dip Recipe?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: I used these canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot. Getting a no salt version is super important so the batter isn’t too salty.
- Peanut Butter: or you can substitute an almond or cashew butter instead. Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep it healthy.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry.
- Almond Milk: use an unsweetened milk for this recipe. I prefer almond milk, which Silk has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this brownie batter an #extra boost.
Easy No Cook Desserts with Chickpeas
This cocoa hummus recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a bakery!
How Do I Make Hummus with Chocolate?
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Make sure you add the cacao powder first.
- Pulse on low speed for 1 minute until a thick batter forms. Taste, and add additional agave syrup if you want a sweeter batter.
- Remove batter from the food processor and add to a bowl. Sprinkle with extra cacao powder and dip away!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Dark Chocolate Hummus Dip Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free dark chocolate hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Dark Chocolate Hummus Dip
- Food Processor
- Add all ingredients except cinnamon to a food processor and blend on high until the hummus is creamy and well combined.
- Transfer the hummus to a dish and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Dip fruit, cinnamon graham crackers, or cookies into the hummus and enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!