This Dark Chocolate Hummus Recipe Is:
- A Healthy Snack
- High Protein
- Loaded with Chocolate Flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, and SO Good!
A No Cook Dessert with Beans Recipe
This no-cook dark chocolate hummus dip is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook dessert for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for warm fall when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This dessert comes together in about 5 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy treat ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
What’s In This Chocolate Dip Recipe?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: I used these canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot. Getting a no salt version is super important so the batter isn’t too salty.
- Peanut Butter: or you can substitute an almond or cashew butter instead. Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep it healthy.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry.
- Almond Milk: use an unsweetened milk for this recipe. I prefer almond milk, which Silk has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this brownie batter an #extra boost.
Easy No Cook Desserts with Chickpeas
This cocoa hummus recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a bakery!
How Do I Make Hummus with Chocolate?
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Make sure you add the cacao powder first.
- Pulse on low speed for 1 minute until a thick batter forms. Taste, and add additional agave syrup if you want a sweeter batter.
- Remove batter from the food processor and add to a bowl. Sprinkle with extra cacao powder and dip away!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Dark Chocolate Hummus Dip Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free dark chocolate hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Dark Chocolate Hummus Dip
- Add all ingredients except cinnamon to a food processor and blend on high until the hummus is creamy and well combined.
- Transfer the hummus to a dish and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Dip fruit, cinnamon graham crackers, or cookies into the hummus and enjoy!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!