This beet toast tartine is a bright, healthy, and good-for-you breakfast or snack! This delicious toast is made by spreading a thick and creamy beet spread over your favorite bread, and topped with microgreens or sprouts.
This is one fancy vegan, gluten free, and heart-healthy snack you can feel good about eating. Great any time of day, especially as a morning meal or light lunch!
This Beet Toast Recipe Is
- Ready in 5 Minutes (no cooking required)
- Vegan, high protein, and heart healthy!
One of the BEST Pantry Toast Recipes
This beetroot tartine recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Beet Toast Tartine?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Bread of choice! Make sure you use a thick and sturdy bread as the base for your tartine. And use a gluten free variety if you are avoid wheat.
- Beet Powder: I used this fantastic beet powder from Nature Plus You – it’s organic, small batch tested, and sourced from US ingredients. A lot of other beet powders can come from China or India and have very high lead content in the product – so it’s super important to get a really good beet powder that is made from clean organic ingredients!
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: the staple of all hummuses! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Pumpkin Seeds or Pepitas – I love these delicious pumpkin seeds, this huge bag of them is such a great value online. They are organic and have a really wonderful nutty crunch.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to the hummus.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Microgreens: topped my sandwich with these gorgeous rambo radish sprouts (that I sprouted in a few days on the counter!) so simple, earthy, and delicious!
Beet Powder Recipe Ideas That Are Perfect Anytime!
This no-cook beetroot toast is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here!
This toast comes together in about 5-10 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
Easy Beet Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
These beet toasts are great for a quick cozy weekend breakfast, brunch, or brinner (breakfast for dinner!). They are the perfect recipe for brunch guests, or just for getting the whole family together to enjoy a simple weekend meal. These little tartines are also great for having company over for a holiday brunch as well.
Ready in under 10 minutes, these toasts are simple to get on the table, and they will go fast! You can see all my breakfast and brunch recipes on The Herbeevore here, and also if you are heading to a brunch at someone else’s home check out my brunch hostess gift guide for simple gift ideas the host will love!
How Do I Make This Healthy Hummus Tartine Recipe?
- Toast bread until golden brown, and set aside on a plate.
- Add all the beet spread ingredients to a blender or food processor. Start by blending or pulsing on low speed, and ramp it up to medium/high until all ingredients are well mixed into a creamy hummus.
- Spread beet hummus on top of the bread.
- Top with microgreens or any sprout if your choice!
More Healthy Hummus Recipes You’ll Love!
Everything Bagel Hummus Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Mediterranean Hummus Toast with Marinated Vegetables (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Green Garden Hummus Recipe with Fresh Herbs (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Smoky Pumpkin Hummus Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Creamy Vegan Hummus Pasta (Gluten Free, Pantry Staple Recipe)
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For My Vegan Beet Toast Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free beet toast recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
For the Toast
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 2 tablespoons beet hummus recipe below
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts
For the Beet Spread
- 1 cup cooked beets
- 1 13 ounce can No-Salt-Added Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
For the Toast
- Place bread in toaster or under you oven's broiler, and toast for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Make beet spread (instructions to follow) and spread on each slice of toast. Top with microgreens and enjoy!
For the Beet Spread
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Start by blending or pulsing on low speed, and ramp it up to medium/high until all ingredients are well mixed into a creamy hummus.
- Place hummus in a serving dish and top with extra olive oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Dip bread, crackers, or vegetables into this sweet and creamy hummus, enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
Pingback:25 Quiche Side Dishes For Brunch