Baked hasselback potatoes are easy to cook and have tons of flavor from fresh rosemary and herbs! Great as a side dish and easy to meal prep and make ahead.
Its official, we have a new favorite way to bake potatoes! These Hassleback Potatoes were a huge hit – so much so that we made these 2 nights in a row. This recipe is super easy to prepare, and required very little active cooking time one these are in the oven.
We had a ton of fresh rosemary left over from our wedding, so I chopped some up and added it to the pan while the potatoes were cooking. The first time I made the baked hasselback potatoes I baked them on a sheet pan, which was pretty good. But then Brett suggested we try a cast iron pan, which was even better!
The cast iron pan makes all the difference. It allows the potato skins to brown while the insides back. This gives crispy and delicious texture to the finished potatoes! With a little added garlic lemon juice, and rosemary these potatoes have amazing flavor!
Great as a side dish, main dish (with Delicious Vegan Chili on top) or an appetizer!
Baked Hasselback Potatoes (Vega, Gluten Free, Vegetarian)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Ferenheit
- Wash potatoes thoroughly. Slice a small piece off the bottom so the potato can lay flat without rolling
- Make 20-30 small slices into each potato- cutting 3/4 of the way through.
- Put the sliced potatoes into a cast iron skillet and into the oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- When the potatoes have baked for 20 minutes, carefully take the skillet out of the oven and brush the olive oil mixture on top of the potatoes, using about half of the mixture. Put them back into the oven and bake for another 20 minutes. Take the potatoes out one last time, and cover with remaining olive oil mixture. Bake for a final 20 minutes. Top with salt and pepper while hot. Enjoy!