This simple fried rice without soy sauce is a sweet and savory treat: gluten free and a great way to use leftover bacon or rice! This fried rice makes for a fantastic and flavorful side dish. Serve along side any protein of your choice!
This Fried Rice without Soy Sauce Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- A great recipe with leftover white rice or extra bacon
Always Keep Leftover Rice For a Quick and Easy Recipe
Instead of tossing that old leftover rice, transform it! The beauty of this recipe is that it actually tasted better with leftover rice, rather than fresh. You’ll save money by not throwing away food, and have a fantastic and flavorful side dish or main entrée ready in about 15 minutes. This is also a great recipe for leftover bacon from breakfast in – just make sure the bacon is cooked before adding.
What’s In This Leftover Fried Rice Recipe?
- Leftover Rice: I really love using basmati rice in most of my dishes. Basmati rice is a very long-grain rice, and has a really nice texture in this fried rice dish.
- Peanut Oil: or other light high-oleic oil for cooking over high heat, this peanut oil is perfect for quick frying foods at a high temperature and won’t break down or over heat like other heavier oils will.
- Sesame Oil: The sesame oil gives the perfect toasty flavor to the dressing of this salad. Toasted sesame oil is traditional in a lot of Asian dishes, and will give you salad the perfect flavor.
- Onion: for flavor and crunch
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Peas & Carrots: I used a frozen bagged mix for this recipe
- Ginger: fresh ginger is a great way to add flavor to any recipe! If you don’t have fresh ginger, this great ginger powder is a fantastic addition, and will give the rice a really nice fresh flavor.
- Bacon – cook it fresh, or make it one of the best leftover bacon recipes
- Pineapple – use fresh if you have it or these great sliced pineapple chunks if you can’t find fresh. I like to stock up and keep canned pineapple in my pantry for those days when I want tropical flavors in my life. Canned pineapple is great to roast, add to curries, and even toss in a pina colada!
- Tamari: tamari is a gluten-free version of soy sauce. Tamari has a bright salty flavor, and adds a really nice depth of umami to this dish. If I am cooking for a crowd, I always use this tamari in my recipes just in case anyone at the table has a gluten allergy, so everyone can enjoy this meal.
Easy Recipes With Leftover Brown or White Rice
How Do I Make This Fried Rice Using Leftovers Recipe?
- In a wok or large pan, heat the sesame oil and peanut oil over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 6 or 7 minutes until veggies have softened.
Move the veggie mix over to one side of the wok, and add the peas and carrots. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Then move all ingredients to the same side of the pan.
Add the cooked bacon and pineapple.
Now, add the rice and stir all ingredients together to combine well. Add the Tamari/soy sauce, rice vinegar, and green onions.Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve and garnish with extra green onions if desired!
Can I Make This Pineapple Fried Rice Vegetarian or Vegan?
Sure! Just skip the bacon and you have a delicious vegan pineapple fried rice in no time. Or use a plant-based bacon as a substitute. To make this nut free, use sunflower oil instead of peanut.
Other Recipes with Leftover Rice You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For Fried Rice without Soy Sauce Recipe!
As always, if you make this Vegetarian & Gluten Free Leftover Fried Rice Recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Fried Rice without Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup sweet onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch knob ginger minced
- 1.5 cups frozen peas & carrots blend
- 6 slices cooked bacon or 1/2 cup cooked diced meat of choice
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 green onions sliced
- In a wok or large pan, heat the sesame oil and peanut oil over low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for 6 or 7 minutes until veggies have softened.How Do I Make This Fried Rice Using Leftovers Recipe?
- Move the veggie mix over to one side of the wok, and add the peas and carrots. Saute for another 5 minutes. Then move all ingredients to the same side of the pan.
- Add in the cooked bacon and the pineapple.
- Now, add the rice and stir all ingredients together to combine well. Add the Tamari/coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and green onions.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve and garnish with extra green onions if desired!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!