This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!Jump to Recipe Print
This Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bowl is:
- Packed with flavor: fresh apples, creamy yogurt, and warm spices combine into a delicious and satisfying morning bowl
- Versatile: use either thick creamy greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a high protein and filling morning meal
- Creamy & crunchy
- Easy to make ahead the night before
- Naturally gluten-free, and can easily be made vegan with a non-dairy yogurt
I love creating new ways to enjoy yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast aside from just eating them plain. This recipe is awesome with cottage cheese as you get a great sweet/salty combination from the apples and granola.
Whats In This High Protein Breakfast Bowl?
- Apples, or fruit of your choice
- Granola, can use store-bought or homemade, just make sure its gluten free
- Walnuts or almonds
- Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese, can use a non-dairy variety
- Maple syrup or honey, for a drizzle
This breakfast bowl is super versatile, and you can swap or substitute any ingredients you have. As a beekeeper, I have plenty of jars of honey in my cupboard, so drizzled a little over the top for a sweet finish to the dish!
How Do I Make This High Protein Breakfast Option?
Chop the apple and toss with cinnamon. granola, walnuts, cottage cheese/yogurt into a cereal bowl.
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
Other High Protein Breakfast Ideas We Love:
As always, if you make this apple cinnamon high protein breakfast bowl be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Apple Cinnamon High Protein Breakfast Bowl (Gluten Free)
- Chop the apple and toss with cinnamon. granola, walnuts, cottage cheese/yogurt into a cereal bowl.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!