This Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bowl is:
- Packed with flavor: fresh apples, creamy yogurt, and warm spices combine into a delicious and satisfying morning bowl
- Versatile: use either thick creamy greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a high protein and filling morning meal
- Creamy & crunchy
- Easy to make ahead the night before
- Naturally gluten-free, and can easily be made vegan with a non-dairy yogurt
I love creating new ways to enjoy yogurt or cottage cheese for breakfast aside from just eating them plain. This recipe is awesome with cottage cheese as you get a great sweet/salty combination from the apples and granola.
Whats In This High Protein Breakfast Bowl?
- Apples, or fruit of your choice
- Granola, can use store-bought or homemade, just make sure its gluten free
- Walnuts or almonds
- Greek Yogurt or cottage cheese, can use a non-dairy variety
- Maple syrup or honey, for a drizzle
This breakfast bowl is super versatile, and you can swap or substitute any ingredients you have. As a beekeeper, I have plenty of jars of honey in my cupboard, so drizzled a little over the top for a sweet finish to the dish!
How Do I Make This High Protein Breakfast Option?
Chop the apple and toss with cinnamon. granola, walnuts, cottage cheese/yogurt into a cereal bowl.
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
Other High Protein Breakfast Ideas We Love:
As always, if you make this apple cinnamon high protein breakfast bowl be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Apple Cinnamon High Protein Breakfast Bowl (Gluten Free)
- Chop the apple and toss with cinnamon. granola, walnuts, cottage cheese/yogurt into a cereal bowl.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!