Raw Honey is just a term for honey that is unpasteurized. You typically can’t buy raw honey from commercial honey companies but local beekeepers at farmers markets would be your best bet. I always keep my honey raw, so I don’t lose any nutrients from the pasteurizing process.
This Raw Honey Mustard Sauce Is:
- Great for dipping, or topping a burger or veggie dog
- Gluten Free, vegetarian, dairy free, and refined sugar free
What’s In This Raw Honey Mustard Sauce?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Raw Honey! As a beekeeper, I have tons of raw honey from my own beehives. You can find raw honey at your local farmer’s market or apiary. Support your local beekeepers! If you have normal honey in your pantry, then by all means use that too.
- Greek Yogurt: Makes the honey mustard creamy and tangy. You can use any kind of Greek yogurt (fat free, full fat, etc.) just make sure the Greek yogurt is plain and unsweetened. You can also substitute mayonnaise instead, which would be delicious.
- Yellow Mustard: classic ‘hot dog mustard’ as I call it.
- Whole Grain Mustard: I always keep some whole grain mustard in our cupboards for dressings, and this is a delicious addition. The whole mustard seeds give this sauce a delicious texture and little pops of flavor in each bite.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: gives the sauce a great tang, and a bright bold flavor. You can use normal white vinegar too, but we always have a ton of apple cider vinegar in the cupboard… and I think it gives a nice depth of flavor.
- Ground pepper: for a little extra kick!
How Do I Make This Raw Honey Sauce?
- In a mason jar, add all ingredients together and stir well (or shake) to combine.
- Seal with an airtight lid, refrigerate, and use within 1 week.
Here’s a pic of our beehives from last year, you can see the honey just dripping out of the hive!
What Should I Serve Honey Mustard With?
Aside from dipping fries or veggies into, this sauce can be used to put on burgers, hot dogs, or as a sandwich spread. It can also be used as a raw honey mustard dressing for salads! Here are a few of my recommendations below:
Share This Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
If you make this easy honey mustard sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Raw Honey Mustard Sauce
- In a mason jar, add all ingredients together and stir well to combine. Seal with an airtight lid, refrigerate, and use within 1 week.
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!