This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!Jump to Recipe Watch Video Print
This Dutch oven bread recipe is an overnight no knead recipe – vegan, egg free, and dairy free! Made with instant yeast, flour, and salt. This bread is our Saturday morning ritual! This pantry staple bread recipe transforms 3 simple ingredients + water into a delicious loaf of bread.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Game-changing bread recipe right here! Honestly I am not a baker, but even I can bake a perfectly crusty boule of homemade bread. This Dutch oven bread recipe is great for entertaining- what’s more impressive than a delicious loaf of homemade bread? No one has to know how easy it is!
We make this bread every weekend, no joke. Its great for a brunch, with a chili bar for dinner parties, or even to bring over to a friend/neighbor as a lil homemade gift – much more thoughtful (and yummy) than flowers.
This Overnight Dutch Oven Bread Recipe Is:
- Crunchy on the Outside
- Soft in the middle
- Vegan, Egg Free, and Dairy Free
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients Only!
Easy Dutch Oven Bread Baking for the WIN
I’ve always been intimidated by baking, but this recipe makes the process into something not scary at all. Mix the dry ingredients, add water, let rise overnight, fold, let rise again, and bake. Follow those easy steps you have a perfect, professional-looking, very impressive loaf of perfectly baked bread. Not to mention, you also will have a kitchen full of the smells of freshly baked bread, which is the best way to wake up on a weekend.
I use a 6-quart Dutch Oven which is just the right size for this recipe. There are some majorly *pricey* Dutch Ovens out there, but honestly any enameled cast iron one will work – I got my brother this inexpensive one from Amazon and he loves it!
And if you want the perfect little swirl design on top, I use this Banneton proofing bowl for the second rise. It’s also super inexpensive and the bamboo allows the dough to pull air in for the perfect crumb. Can you make bread without a proofing bowl? Absolutely! But I make this bread so often it was worth the small investment for me to get a banneton bowl… and plus perfect swirl design makes me feel like a pro baker.
What In This No Knead Dutch Oven Bread?
- All Purpose Flour: I normally use King Arthur organic all purpose flour for all my recipes, I love the consistency and texture of the crumb this flour produces. If you are gluten free, then a gluten free flour would be a nice substitute in this dish. If you want to keep it a little wholesome, you can use half whole wheat flour as well.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Instant Yeast: I recently tried out this instant yeast on a whim (normally I buy active dry) and I absolutely love it! Instant yeast is great for both overnight breads and this easy quick whole wheat sliced bread recipe too!
Yep, that seriously it!
Make Dutch Oven Bread Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan Dutch Oven bread is naturally vegan. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
More Simple Bread Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Dutch Oven No Knead Bread Recipe!
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this dutch oven no knead bread recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Dutch Oven Bread (Overnight, No Knead)
- 6 Quart Dutch Oven *see below for notes
- Banneton Proofing Bowl *see below for notes
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and yeast, mix to combine. Add water and stir together until the dough is soft and sticky. Cover with a tea towel, and let rise 12-18 hours (I usually do it overnight).
- Once the dough has risen, place a bread board on the counter and sprinkle with enough flour to cover the surface. Remove the dough onto the board, and begin folding. Take the corners closest to you and fold over the corners farthest from you, and repeat with the far corners and bring them in. Fold 5 or 6 times, and place back in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the top of the dough with flour, and cover with a tea towel and allow dough to rise again for an additional 1-2 hours.
- When ready to bake, place a large cast-iron dutch oven pot into the oven. Heat the oven to 475 degrees Ferenheit with the pot inside. Once the oven reaches temperature, carefully remove the hot dutch oven pot, and place the dough into the pot. Cook covered for 30 minutes. Then remove the lid and cook uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When bread is finished, carefully tip the bread from the pot onto a cooling rack. Cool until you can no longer resist (at least 45 minutes)
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore!