This vegan Instant Pot ratatouille is full of vibrant vegetables like onions, eggplant, squash, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. This easy low calorie dinner is made in the pressure cooker and perfect for meal prep!
Hello summer and HELLO fresh garden produce! This ratatouille is the best recipe to make to let your garden veggies shine! The bright fresh flavors of this ratatouille highlight what summer is all about.
This Vegan Instant Pot Ratatouille Is:
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 approved
- Versatile and packed with flavor!
I love a good summer stew, and this ratatouille is the perfect light dinner on a summer night. When our garden is in full swing in the summer (and we have more produce than we know what to do with) this is the perfect easy weekend meal to make! Toss everything in the Instant Pot, cook for a quick 8 minutes, and enjoy the summer night without having to tend to the stove top.
This year we have 4 raised bed garden’s going… one is fully dedicated to tomatoes! In the largest we are growing lettuces, kale, spinach, beets, carrots, peppers, and parsnips. And we also have corn, zucchini, eggplant, peas, beans, and squash. Along our back fence we have pumpkins and acorn and butternut squash too. I cannot WAIT for the harvest.
Instant Pot meals are great for any night of the week – I can have dinner ready without doing any work- just turn the pressure cooker on, and let it does its thing! If you prep the veggies ahead of time, dinner is ready in a breeze. A fast, healthy meal with little to no hands-on cooking time is a winner!
Not only is this recipe vegan, its gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant. Serve over cauliflower rice, gluten-free pasta, or just eat by itself in a bowl!
Whats In This Instant Pot Ratatouille?
- Tomatoes: fresh summer tomatoes are (always!) prefferable, but we don’t all live in a year-round garden paradise. If you can’t get homegrown, local, or farmer’s market tomatoes, I’d recommend canned whole tomatoes. They’re a decent substitute… and San Marzano if you can find them!
- Eggplant: If I have extra eggplant I dice it up and freeze it for later.
- Zucchini: or any other fresh summer squash. We got a major bounty of garden zucchini last summer, but I find that store-bought zucchini is pretty consistently good!
- Onions: sweet yellow or Vidalia onions are my go-tos, but a spicy red onion would also add a fantastic amount of zing
- Garlic: a lot… like a lot a lot! A whole head of garlic, if you got it!
- Basil: the fresh basil makes all the difference in this dish – large leafy handfuls of basil compliment the fresh tomatoes and produce in this dish.
- Olive Oil for drizzling: after I serve this dish, I like to drizzle olive oil over the top… just so that first bite is absolutely luxuriously creamy and decadent.
This ratatouile is the answer to “what to do with all those garden tomatoes?” We actually had so many tomaotes last year that we ended up freezing a bunch to save for later. Making this sweet and earthy ratatouille in the winter with our fresh summer tomatoes was a real treat.
This recipe is great because its a one pot meal, healthy, low sodium, paleo and whole30 friendly, and cooks in 8 minutes. Talk about a healthy and easy weeknight meal!
If you don’t have fresh garden (or farmer’s market) tomatoes on hand, canned work well too! While canned veggies aren’t my go-to choice, canned tomatoes are inexpensive and easy to get all year round.
This recipe is a riff off my Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille, but I altered the recipe to add some additional fresh ingredients and also updated the cooking method for the Instant Pot. This can also easily be made on the stove top, simmering away for a few hours.
Other Instant Pot Recipes We Love!
I can’t get enough of my Instant Pot, I love that an easy weeknight meal can be ready any night of the week. Here are a few of my favorite Instant Pot recipes to make in the Pressure Cooker:
As always, if you make this vegan Instant Pot ratatouille be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Instant Pot Summer Ratatouille (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
- Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 large eggplant diced into inch cubes
- 2 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- 12 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh basil julienned
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- In the instant pot layer the onion, eggplant, zucchini, tomato paste, bell peppers, carrots, tomato, garlic, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add the vegetable stock, and stir to combine.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure cook or Manual mode - and cook on high for 8 minutes. Allw to natural release.
- Carefully open the lid, and stir. In a blender, ladle about 2 cups of the ratatouille and drizzle in the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until smooth, and add the mixture back to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add any Salt or Pepper as desired.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or quinoa - drizzle olive oil and fresh basil over the stew before serving!