This easy Caramel Poke Cake will be a huge hit at your next party! Each bite is filled with creamy caramel, crunchy toffee, and moist and sticky chocolate cake.
There is a reason I call this easy Caramel Poke Cake the BEST… Its the best cake I have ever had, hands down, in my life! My friend made a version of this for a Super Bowl party this year, and I had to recreate the recipe. The texture and flavor were seriously out of this world!
This Easy Caramel Poke Cake is:
- Rich & moist
- Soft & Gooey
- Crunchy from the toffee
- Absolutely decadent #TreatYoSelf
- A crowd-pleaser
- A great dessert for a potluck or party
- Can be made gluten free or vegan (see modifications below)
This cake is super rich and moist. I had never made a poke cake before this one, but I am totally on board with the concept. It may have been my first but its definitely not my last!
How To Make a Poke Cake
- 1: Bake a box cake mix, allow to cool
- 2: With the end of a wooden spoon poke holes throughout the cake
- 3: Pour your choice of filling: caramel, chocolate sauce, homemade jam, sweetened condensed milk… the possibilities are endless!
I love how this cake has a ton of flavor in each bite. After adding the caramel to the cake, the cake begins to thicken while staying really moist.
This poke cake is really sweet, but making a healthier version of this would be easy! Instead of caramel or condensed milk, you could fill the cake with Easy 4 Ingredient Homemade Blackberry Jam, or a fruit puree of choice.
And I will definitely be making this easy Caramel Poke Cake again for my next party, gathering, or brunch. It would be great as a birthday cake… or just for a weeknight treat!
This recipe can easily be made vegan by baking a cake with applesauce instead of eggs, and using a royal icing in place of the condensed milk. A vegan caramel sauce or chocolate sauce can also be used.
And to make gluten-free, make sure you use a flourless cake mix!
For a nut-free option, ensure the toffee or caramel is made without peanuts or tree nuts.
As always, if you make this caramel poke cake be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Easy Caramel Poke Cake! (Potluck, Party, Crowd Pleaser Recipe!)
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix plus any ingredients that are required for cake mix on package… eggs, vegetable oil, water, etc.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk or non-dairy alternative
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel sauce or non-dairy alternative
- 8 ounces toffee crushed
- Prepare cake mix according to packaging instructions. Once baked, set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes evenly throughout the cake.
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake, making sure it drips into the holes. Add the caramel on top of the condensed milk.
- Over in foil, and refrigerate for one hour, allowing the cake to set.
- Once cool, crush toffee and sprinkle over the top.
- Serve cool, or slightly warm, with ice cream, and enjoy.