I have been loving one-pot pastas lately – I think I’ve made 3 different kinds this month! I could eat pasta all day / every day, I love how versatile it is. This is a great (and much healthier) take on traditional alfredo sauce- and can be make totally vegan!
The best part of this One Pot Vegan Pasta is that there is very little clean up involved after the meal 🙂 Plus pretty much everything gets cooked at the same time, so they are perfect Easy Weeknight Meals and come together very quickly. I work a 40 hour a week job, and let me tell you, one pot meals are a LIFE SAVER during the week (and a sanity saver as well).
Another awesome thing about this One Pot Vegan Pasta is that the pasta makes its own sauce. The starch helps the sauce thicken without adding any additional flour or cornstarch. If the sauce is too thin, you can add more unsweetened milk. And if you prefer it thicker, you can add more nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese.
And ummm, it goes without saying, but I will say it anyway: We LOVE garlic around here. I think I’ve used garlic as an ingredient more than any other. And his is the perfect vehicle for more garlic. I also love adding mushrooms and peas to any pasta- but you could also substitute spinach if you’d prefer.
This is a great weeknight pasta, and can be made by substituting any vegetables of your choice.
30 Minute Garlic Alfredo Pasta (Vegan, Gluten-Free, One Pot Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1.5 cups milk of choice unsweetened
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 12 ounce box veggie spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast or Parmesan Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over low heat and sauté garlic for 4 minutes until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and salt, cover, and sauté on low for 7-8 minutes until mushrooms have wilted to half their size.
- Add the milk, vegetable stock, peas, and spaghetti to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until pasta has absorbed the liquid and begun to thicken. Stir frequently during this step.
- Turn off heat. Add the parsley, nutritional yeast/parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Stir to combine, taste and adjust salt/pepper levels if needed.