Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! These Easy Instant Pot garlic mashed potatoes are ready in 15 minutes. Made with non-dairy milk and butter, a secret spice makes these the BEST potatoes ever!
My husband takes his mashed potatoes very seriously. He is team #NoLumps, so when we mash them we really mash them! I, on the other hand, don’t really care about the texture as long as the flavor is there. This mashed potatoes use a SECRET SPICE to make them wicked delish!
We eat a LOT of potatoes on our homestead. They are usually in a Potato Coconut Curry, in the oven as Crispy Potato Wedges, or like these mashed potatoes- perfect on top of a Lentil Shepherd’s Pie!
I love that the Instant Pot can cook potatoes (and really anything) so quickly. This makes these a suuuper Easy Weeknight Meal that I can make in about 15 minutes.
The secret to making these mashed potatoes so flavorful is….. Montreal Steak Spice seasoning! Its one of our favorite spices to use, REALLY we put it on almost everything. You can read all the recipes that we use Montreal Steak Spice in here! I love it because it already has salt and pepper, some garlic, and dill that gives everything a je ne sais qua.
I use a regular old potato masher to whip these, but you can use a hand blender or immersion blender too. I like to use the Bob Ross method and really “beat the devil out of ‘em.” While I like to leave the skins on for nutrients, I like to get these potatoes as smooth and creamy as possible!
I added my Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes on top of my Smoky Shepherd’s Pie! So Yummy!
As always, if you make these instant pot garlic mashed potatoes be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 8 medium yellow potatoes about 3 lbs, skins on diced into small pieces
- 12 cloves garlic whole
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk of choice
- 4 tablespoons non dairy butter
- 1 tablespoon Canadian steak spice
- Add the diced potatoes and the water to the Instant Pot. Set on High or Manual for 8 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, do a quick release. Keep the Instant Pot on ‘warm’ setting for the next few steps.
- Stir in the almond milk, butter, and the Canadian steak spice.
- Using a potato masher, whip until there are no more lumps in the potatoes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more if needed