This Homemade Rose’s Lime Syrup is great for making cocktails at home! 3 easy ingredients will jazz up any cocktail, margarita, or gin gimlet.
I love making gin gimlets, they are my go-to cocktail to make for parties, summer BBQs, or just for myself on a Friday night. The classic ingredients are gin, Rose’s Lime Syrup… thats all! I like to top mine with a little seltzer for some bubbles, but its great with or without it.
This DIY Homemade Rose’s Lime Syrup is:
- Made with 3 Ingredients
- Great for gin gimlets, margaritas, or any cocktail with simple syrup.
A few years ago there was a nation-wide shortage of Rose’s Lime! I remember being in Wisconsin for the 4th of July and unable to find any… and that lasted all summer. Making your own is incredibly easy and only takes a few ingredients. Never be without lime cordial syrup again!
What Equipment Do I Need?
- Vitamix or high-speed blender
- Mason jar to store the syrup
Another benefit to making your own homemade Rose’s Lime Syrup is you can skip all the artificial ingredients in the real stuff: especially the corn syrup. I have a good friend who is allergic to corn syrup, but loves my gimlets. So this DIY version is made with just plain sugar, water, and a lime. Nothing artificial here.
So What’s In This Homemade Lime Simple Syrup?
- A whole lime, peel and all.
That’s it! By blending all the ingredients together in a blender, you can DIY your own lime cordial syrup in a few minutes. No trip to the store required!
Homemade Rose's Lime Syrup (Vegan, Gluten Free, 3 Ingredients)
- Vitamix or High Speed Blender
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend on low for 1 minute, and increase speed until peel is completely dissolved.
- Strain over a fine mesh colander into a mason jar. Refrigerate and use within 1 week.