These healthy pumpkin brownies are a healthy treat when you want something naturally sweet! They’re vegan, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant! Made with just 7 simple ingredients, this all-natural treat will satisfy that sweet tooth.
These Vegan & Gluten Free Brownies Are:
- Loaded with hidden veggies
- Vegan, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Brownie Recipes
This healthy pumpkin brownies recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple treat! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the bakery!
What’s In These Paleo and Whole30 Healthy Pumpkin Brownies?
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Pumpkin: You can use leftover sweet potatoes, or canned pumpkin (which I used. I stock up on this canned pumpkin (its a big can!) or you can get smaller cans as well. Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix or else it will be too sweet.
- Almond butter: or other nut butter of choice… creamy or chunky! Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep life a little lower sodium and healthy.
- Coconut Flour: I really like this coconut flour which is a nice consistency and texture. A little goes a long way with coconut flour, and I find that this bag lasts a while in my pantry (a great value!)
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidents and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- Maple Syrup: for natural sweetness. We make our own maple syrup from tapping our maple trees each spring (real homesteaders over here!) but this maple syrup is great for these brownies. Make sure you are using real maple syrup and not artificial pancake syrup.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: for that baked goods taste and flavor. Like the cacao powder and maple syrup, please use real pure vanilla extract for your baking… a better quality ingredient will yield the best possible brownies (and is much better for you!)
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
Easy No Bake Dessert Recipes!
This healthy fall pumpkin brownies recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Treat – which is on your table in about 5 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked snack but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering delivery!
How Do I Make These Gluten Free Paleo Pumpkin Brownies?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Greade a 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, nut butter, coconut flour, cacao powder, Maple syrup, vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of walnuts, and mix well, batter should be very thick.
- Spoon batter into baking dish and spread the batter out to the corners with a spoon.
- Top batter with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, and allow to cool before eating. Enjoy!
This healthy pumpkin brownie recipe is vegan, gluten free, paleo, whole30 compliant, egg free, dairy free, and made only with natural sweeteners! This is one treat everyone at your table can enjoy.
Other Healthy Treat Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownie Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free brownies recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Pumpkin Brownies Recipe (Vegan, GF, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 13 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour or any gluten free flour you prefer
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granola
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x5 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the pupkin with the nut butter, coconut flour, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well until a thick dough forms (thin with a little water if needed), and add to the baking dish. Top brownies with extra walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes, allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!