This healthy vegan Big Mac Salad is the perfect cure for fast food cravings! Load a veggie burger with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and a tangy sauce for easy meal prep. This satisfying salad is loaded with protein, and is a great lunch or dinner. Skip the drive through, and enjoy this healthy vegetarian big mac salad instead!
This delicious, crisp, and healthy big mac salad is the vegetarian lunch recipe you can prep and enjoy anytime! Don’t be tempted by the drive through when you can make this healthy burger salad recipe at home. All you need is a plant-based burger patty of your choice, some veggies for the toppings, and a few ingredients for a quick and healthy vegan big mac sauce dressing.
These Vegan Big Mac Salads Are:
- Vegan & Gluten Free
- Easy to Meal Prep for a week’s worth of lunches or dinners
- Better for you than the drive-thru
This salad is great when you are craving fast food, but want to watch calories! It has all the flavor of a Big Mac but with healthy whole ingredients. I used a store-bought veggie burger in each salad, but you can make your own burgers too.
Whats In This Vegan Big Mac Salad Recipe?
- Lettuce: as the salad base! I used romaine, but you can use whatever you have on hand… even spinach would be delish.
- Veggie Burger: a used a vegan burger patty, but you can use whatever you have. If you aren’t vegan or vegetarian, you can use any cooked-meatpatty of your choice.
- Tomatoes: for a little freshness
- Chopped Onion
- Hamburger Pickles: if you want to real authemtic burger experience, only the best hamburger pickles will do! They give the salad a nice tang and texture – and give it a classic burger taste.
- Vegan Big Mac Sauce I use a combination of:
- Dairy Free Yogurt
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder pairs nicely with the chopped onion in the salad.
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that get used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Tomato Sauce: I used my 5 ingredient marinara as the base for this soup, but you can use a really good jarred sauce instead if you don’t have any extra homemade sauce on hand.
- Agave Syrup: I used agave for sweetness – I really like using this raw organic agave syrup which is ridiculously inexpensive online!
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- And I measure out all my ingredients in these handy little portion control containers, which I find are perfect for meal prepping and making sure I am eating the right portions for my day.
The sauce really makes this salad taste amazing! I used a fat free yogurt, but any type would work. Just make sure its plain and unsweetened.
- This is vegan, but if you do eat animal products then you can use any burger patty you have.
- This is naturally gluten free!
Meal Prep Big Mac Salads
You can easily meal prep this vegan big mac salad recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
A 21 Day Fix Big Mac Salad Recipe!
This salad is healthy, plant-based, gluten free (no bun please!), and 21 Day Fix friendly! If you’re doing the 21 Day Fix, this recipe is:
- 1 Green
- 1 Red
- 1 Blue
- 1/4 Purple.
Other Vegan Meal Prep Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in my Vegan Big Mac Salad Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan big mac salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Big Mac Salad
For the Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 veggie burger patties cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 tablespoons hamburger pickles
For the Special Sauce
- 1/2 cup non-dairy yogurt plain unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon agave or natural sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon hamburger pickles chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and chop romaine lettuce, and divide into 4 different containers (should be about 1 cup of lettuce each)
- Cook veggie burger according to package instructions (mine took about 10 minutes to cook). When cooked through, place on top of the lettuce.
- Chop tomatoes and pickles, and add to salad.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl, and stir well to combine. Place a small container of the sauce in each salad bowl and pour on top of veggie burger salad when ready to eat!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!