These thick and fudgy brownies are full of healthy fats and antioxidants from sweet potatoes, coconut flour, raw cacao, and almond butter! They cook quickly and are a perfect quick dessert or snack.
These Sweet Potato Brownies Are:
- Actually healthy!
- Gluten Free
- Paleo approved
What’s In These Sweet Potato Brownies?
- Sweet Potatoes: baked and mashed
- Almond Butter: or nut butter of your choice
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Flour: you can also use almond four if you’d like or any 1:1 gluten free flour mix
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate chips if you got ’em
Admittedly, I am not a very skilled baker – I can make a mean loaf of 4 Ingredient No Knead Bread, but once we get into the dessert realm I tend to throw up my hands and buy something from the store. These AMAZING brownies have turned the tides on my baking fortune – they came out fantastic and were super yummy and easy to make!
I had a pretty wicked chocolate craving the other night – normally, I would go for some Chocolate Nice Cream but we were out of protein powder so I had to improvise. I made these brownies instead and they were sooooo chocolatey and yummy!
Talk about a foolproof recipe – mix all ingredients in a bowl, pop in the oven, and voilà!
These brownies were so good I wouldn’t have been able to tell they were gluten free or vegan. They had that thick traditional texture of a normal brownie. And they the perfect sweetness! Not too sweet, but just sweet enough to satisfy that dessert chocolate craving.
One note is that you really have to let the brownies cool before slicing! I kept trying to eat them out of the pan warm, but they kept falling apart on me – they do need to cool and firm up before slicing.
As always, if you make these sweet potato brownies (vegan, GF, paleo) be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Rich & Healthy Sweet Potato Brownies (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes roasted with skins removed
- 1 cup almond butter creamy or chunky
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips optional
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Dark Chocolate Chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and mix thoroughly to combine. Line a bread pan with parchment paper, and add the dough to the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven. Allow to cool completely before slicing (this step is super important as the dough firms as it cools).