These classic deviled eggs (keto, low carb) are a great vegetarian low carb snack! This is the way my family has made deviled eggs for as long as I can remember, so we’ve been enjoying these for years.
When making any kind of hard-boiled eggs, I always use my perfect method for easy-peel eggs every time! No shell mess, or troubles peeling with this method.
We would have them at family parties as an hors d’oeuvre, as a side with dinner, or just as a snack when we have too many eggs in the fridge. Very simple… but very yummy. I’ve had tons of variations of deviled egg (trying to make them FAAAANCY), and this is the way I prefer.
This is pretty close to the recipe in the original James Beard cookbook… but I’m writing it down for posterity anyway 🙂
As always, if you make this these keto deviled eggs be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Family Recipe: Classic Deviled Eggs (Keto, Paleo, Low Carb)
- 1 Dozen Eggs
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish or other herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs (you can use my method for Perfect Hardboiled Eggs Every Time!), drain, and peel.
- Cut the eggs into halves lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and put into a separate bowl.
- With the yolks: mash the mayonnaise, mustard, and relish all together, until the yolks have a creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the yolk mixture into each halved egg white. Sprinkle with a bit of paprika, and served chilled.