A filling and hearty soup made with butternut squash, kale, french and black lentils, spices, parsley, and potatoes! Vegan Meal Prep, Make Ahead, and crock pot friendly!
This Double Lentil Detox Soup features hearty vegetables and 2 different kinds of lentils for an awesome texture and flavor! This hearty detox soup is packed with nutrition, whole foods, and comes together into an incredibly filling soup. And best part? The slow cooker does all the work and cooks the soup for you!
This isn’t your average vegetable soup- it turns out incredible creamy and delicious, with an awesome texture. Blending the olive oil with the soup makes ALL the difference, and bumps this soup up to a A+!
This is great for Sunday Meal Prep – I made a huge batch of this in the crockpot on the weekend, and was able to bring a mason jar for my work lunches during the week! Super easy and delish!
Double Lentil Detox Soup (Vegan, Slow Cooker, & Gluten Free!)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups butternut squash diced
- 3 small red potatoes diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 cup french green lentils
- 1/2 cup black lentils
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups fresh chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To a slow cooker, add onion, butternut squash, red potatoes, carrots, green and black lentils, herbes de provence, red pepper flakes, and vegetable stock. Cook for 5-6 hours on HIGH setting, or 6-7 hour on LOW setting. Butternut squash and potatoes should be cooked all the way through.
- Take a few cups of soup and add to a blender with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend on high until the mixture becomes a smooth creamy emulsion. Add back to the slow cooker and stir.
- Add the kale and parsley, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning- adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with crusty homemade bread and a sparkling of nooch or parmesan cheese (optional, but recommended)!