This thick, creamy, and low calorie soup is made with butternut squash, onion, carrots, garlic, zucchini, and herbs. Roast the ingredients on a sheet-pan, blend, and enjoy! This plant-based soup has simple roasted vegetables blended with spices in a creamy soup. Great recipe to meal prep or batch cook for a detox.
I love a good detox butternut squash soup after a week (or a few weeks) of overindulging. Soup is great because it feels filling, is easy to make ahead, and can be meal prepped during the week. A lot of detox soups I’ve tried are boring, but this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup has tons of flavor!
The secret to this yummy soup is roasting the vegetables before blending. When they roast, the natural sugars get caramelized in the oven and the flavors melt together into a naturally sweet soup. A quick whirr in the blender afterwards makes this soup perfectly thick and creamy!
This makes a fantastic on-the-go work lunch: I like to make 5 pint-sized mason jars full of soup and take one each day before I run to the office. Its super easy to prep on a Sunday and have a ready-made lunch all week! This can also be a great breakfast or dinner to have along side a salad.
The great part about the soup is that you can add or substitute any other veggies you have on hand – just make sure you roast them before blending to get that sweet depth of flavor.
As always, if you make this detox butternut squash soup be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Detox Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30, GF)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add all ingredients to a large sheet pan or roasting pan, and toss to combine.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes, turning half way.
- Once vegetables have finished cooking, transfer to a blender (or a pot, if you are using an immersion blender). Add the water or vegetable stock and blend on high for a few minutes until the soup is a smooth creamy consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary, adding salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Portion and store in airtight containers for the week!