These Dark Cherry Overnight Oats Are:
- Actually healthy
- Vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Oats Recipes
This dark chocolate cherry oats recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In These Vegan Cacao Overnight Oats?
- Old Fashioned Oats: I used old fashioned oats for this recipe. I found old fashioned oats work much better than quick oats, as they will give your oatmeal the perfect texture in the morning.
- Plain unsweetened yogurt, dairy free – Kite hill makes a great vegan version.
- Almond Milk: use an unsweetened light nut or soy milk for this recipe. I prefer almond milk, which Silk has a shelf-stable version that lasts up to a year in the pantry!
- Cherries: you can use fresh or frozen cherries… I like these Frozen Dark Cherries from Whole Foods, they are absolutely perfect for overnight oats.
- Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry.
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- Cinnamon: which gives this oatmeal is classic warm spice-y flavor! I love to load it on!
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
- Chocolate Chips: to give these cookies an amazing chocolate chunk! These vegan chocolate chips are a great addition if you want to make these vegan and plant-based.
Meal Prep Oat Recipes For the Win!
This vegan cherry overnight oatmeal is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy peasy.
How Do I Make Vegan Overnight Oats?
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide the oats into 4 jars, and seal with airtight lids.
- When ready to eat, grab a spoon and enjoy! Top with extra chocolate chips or a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Other Filling Breakfast Recipes with Oats You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Vegan Dark Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free chocolate cherry oats recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats (Vegan, GF)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to combine. Divide the oats into 4 jars, and seal with airtight lids.
- When ready to eat, grab a spoon and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!