This dairy free sausage and gnocchi soup recipe is a hearty creamy lunch or dinner – perfect winter comfort food. Use a plant-based sausage for a vegan or vegetarian option. This is one creamy soup that will keep you cozy through the coldest winter nights.
This Creamy Dairy Free Gnocchi Soup Recipe Is:
- Loaded with vegetables
- A great one-pot meal
- Can be made vegan, vegetarian, and is dairy free!
- Great cozy winter comfort food
- Ready in about 30 minutes
One Pot Gnocchi Soup Recipes For Winter Nights
This vegan gnocchi soup recipe is the perfect one-pot lunch or dinner! I love a good One Pot Meal, especially during these fall months when the weather starts to turn cooler. Cooking everything in one pot is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked at once, which makes cleaning up a breeze. And the stove does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. One Pot meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy one pot meals that are ready in no time!
What’s In This Non Dairy Gnocchi and Sausage Soup Recipe?
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Italian Seasoning Blend: usually has thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, etc. I love this bright and flavorful Italian season mix which brings this amazing dish to life.
- Sausage of Choice
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
- Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock or Bouillon: I love this low sodium vegetable base for my recipes because it has a great flavor and is lower in sodium. I only develop my recipes with low sodium ingredients so the ingredients shine. You can always add salt to a recipe if it needs it, but it’s almost impossible to take it out! By starting with a low sodium broth or bouillon, you can build bright vibrant flavors and add more salt later if needed.
- Potato Gnocchi: you can make your own or use this delicious potato gnocchi! I always keep a few of these boxes of gnocchi in my pantry. No need to cook them before adding to the soup, just toss them in the pot, boil for 20 minutes, and you’re ready to eat!
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, which I’d definitely recommend over lite coconut milk. The flavor makes this dish super rich and creamy without any dairy.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Meal Prep Gnocchi Recipes for Lunch or Dinner
You can easily meal prep this dairy free gnocchi and sausage soup by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
How Do I Make This Dairy Free Sausage Gnocchi Soup Recipe?
Other Cozy Dairy Free Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Coconut Milk Gnocchi Soup Recipe:
As always, if you make this vdairy free gnocchi soup with sausage recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Sausage & Gnocchi Soup (Dairy Free, Vegan & Vegetarian Options)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked italian sausage sliced, use plant-based sausage for a vegan or vegetarian version
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 16 ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach or 4 cups fresh
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk, full fat
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- To a large pot, add the olive oil and heat over low heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 or 6 minutes. Add the Italian seasoning, italian sausage, crushed pepper flakes, vegetable stock, and gnocchi. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook soup for 20 minutes until the gnocchi has cooked all the way through.
- Remove lid, and stir in the frozen spinach to the soup. Add the coconut milk, and taste, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve soup immediately, or place in air tight containers and keep in the fridge for 4 days. Mangia!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!