These delicious paleo lemon poppyseed muffins are perfect for a breakfast on the go or a quick snack! Easy to Meal Prep and enjoy during the week. A yummy protein-packed muffin is a great way to start the day and has just the right amount of natural sweetness.
As a very amateur baker, I love a good foolproof recipe. I’m more of a savory-food-for-breakfast kinda gal, but I really really love lemon poppyseed muffins and will gladly have one with my morning coffee or tea. Anything lemon poppyseed really: slices, cakes, bread, and I will happily eat it. But baked goods from the store are usually loaded with too much sugar and preservatives, so this recipe is all about using simple whole ingredients.
I decided to make this muffins after being gifted a Costco-sized bag of coconut flour… and not knowing what else to do with it :). These muffins seemed like the perfect intro to the world of coconut flour and they really turned out amazing!
These muffins are absolutely perfect for Batch Cooking, Meal Prep, and Making Ahead! I can make a batch on Sunday when I have some time in the afternoon, individually wrap them, and throw one in my work bag in the mornings during the week as I head to the office.
These got rave reviews (aside from myself ha) from the husband and my co-workers! I had a few extra so I brought them in for my team and they all loved the treat – these are also perfect for sharing.
Coconut Flour Lemon Poppyseed Muffins (Paleo, Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 lemons juiced about 6 tablespoons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 6 eggs can substitute flax eggs if vegan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake/muffin pan with liners if using.
- In a large bowl add the coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, poppy seeds, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine until batter is smooth and runny - don’t worry it will thicken up in the oven.
- Pour batter into the tins. Place in the center rack of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, checking to make sure the muffins are cooked through the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool, place in containers for the week. Makes 12 muffins.