When taking a trip to Margaritaville, these little burgers are the perfect party food! Vegan black bean sliders go great with chips and salsa, BBQ sides, and a tropical beverage of choice. Cocktail umbrellas are optional, but definitely recommended!
No Jimmy Buffett party is complete without cheeseburgers in paradise. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or just have vegan friends, these lil sliders will please everyone!
Our house and yard is really perfect for entertaining. I love doing fun themed brunches and BBQs – and our latest brunch was a tribute to Jimmy Buffett and really just a major excuse to day-drink margaritas.
So what does one make for a Margaritaville party? Cheeseburgers (or rather VEGGIE burgers) in paradise is a given… but there are side dishes to think about too. I decided on Individual Vegan 7 Layer Dip (because I’m a midwesterner and 7 layer dip is my heritage), my friend’s most requested recipe 4 Ingredient No Knead Bread, and a margarita bar for everyone. Oh and pina colada Jello shots, because you’re never too old for Jello shots.
These burgers were a huge hit, especially when topped with the little umbrellas! The flavors were actually pretty good for a black bean burger, and the breadcrumbs really helped hold the burger together. I loved the pineapple in these too – it made the kitchen smell amazing while they were cooking!
The party was a success, the drinks were a HUGE hit, and luckily I had a few of these little sliders leftover for dinner that night too! Will definitely make these again… and I just might put pineapple in all my burgers from now on!
Cheeseburgers in Paradise - Vegan Party Food!
- 2 14 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 1 12 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flax meal + water or regular egg
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 12 pieces vegan melty cheese
- Add all ingredients except the breadcrumbs and Hawaiian rolls to a food processor bowl. Give it a few whirrs to combine.
- Transfer to a large bowl. The mixture will be a bit liquid-y for a burger, so stir in the breadcrumbs until it begins to thicken.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and form 12 uniform burger patties on the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through. The burgers are done when the edges begin to crisp and lightly brown.
- Serve wth Hawaiian rolls,vegan melty cheese, sliced tomatoes/lettuce/pickles, and condiments.