This beet hummus tartine is a bright, healthy, and good-for-you snack! Hummus made with beet powder, chickpeas, garlic, and spices. This is one vegan, gluten free, and heart healthy snack you can feel good about eating. Great any time of day, especially as a light lunch!
This Tartine with Beet Hummus Is:
- Ready in 5 Minutes (no cooking required)
- Vegan, gluten free, high protein, and heart healthy!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Sandwich Recipes
This beetroot tartine recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Beet Tartine Made Hummus?
- Bread of choice! Make sure you use a thick and sturdy bread as the base for your tartine. And use a gluten free variety if you are avoid wheat.
- Beet Powder: I used this fantastic beet powder from Nature Plus You – it’s organic, small batch tested, and sourced from US ingredients. A lot of other beet powders can come from China or India and have very high lead content in the product – so it’s super important to get a really good beet powder that is made from clean organic ingredients!
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: the staple of all hummuses! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Pumpkin Seeds or Pepitas – I love these delicious pumpkin seeds, this huge bag of them is such a great value online. They are organic and have a really wonderful nutty crunch.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to the hummus.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Microgreens: topped my sandwich with these gorgeous rambo radish sprouts (that I sprouted in a few days on the counter!) so simple, earthy, and delicious!
Beet Powder Recipe Ideas That Are Perfect Anytime!
This no-cook beetroot hummus is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This hummus comes together in about 5-10 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
How Do I Make This Healthy Hummus Tartine?
- Toast bread until golden brown, and set aside on a plate.
- Add all hummus ingredients to a blender or food processor. Start by blending or pulsing on low speed, and ramp it up to medium/high until all ingredients are well mixed into a creamy hummus.
- Spread hummus on top of the bread.
- Top with microgreens or any sprout if your choice… and mange!
Other Healthy Hummus Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For My Vegan and Gluten Free Beet Hummus Tartine Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free beet tartine recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Beet Hummus Tartine (V, GF)
For the Sandwich
- 1 slice bread toasted
- 2 tablespoons beet hummus recipe below
- 1/2 cup microgreens or sprouts
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Start by blending or pulsing on low speed, and ramp it up to medium/high until all ingredients are well mixed into a creamy hummus.
- Place hummus in a serving dish and top with extra olive oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Dip bread, crackers, or vegetables into this sweet and creamy hummus, enjoy!